Ruger fanatic not happy with Rugers marketing

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bobski

Hunter
what killed the #1 was video games and spray and pray tv.
americans dont practice ACCURACY and one shot one kill anymore.
give me a great scope and a single shot and i'll show you old america at its best.
was a time where purists complained about bolts and semi gun ramps knicking bullets on the way in. the average new kid doesnt even know what a ramp is.
sad indeed.

single action

Single-Sixer
"times they are a changing" Bob Dylan
My favorite gun boutique over the years have had to reverse their inventory and displays.....heckuva note, IMHO Bob

22/45 Fan

Hunter
bobski said:
what killed the #1 was video games and spray and pray tv.
americans dont practice ACCURACY and one shot one kill anymore.
One other thing that hurt the #1 was it's early accuracy problems. Some were very good but most had problems. I recall reading about all kinds of "fixes" but many early ones had poor quality barrels.

I don't know if that's been completely solved but shooters expect very good accuracy from an expensive speciality gun and if it doesn't provide that it gets a bad reputation that's hard to overcome. I have a out-of-the-box Ruger American in .223 that routinely shoots sub 1" 100-yard groups and cost less than $350 so Ruger is certainly capable of making an accurate rifle.

Coyote Hunter

Single-Sixer
The #1s are an iconic firearm and it will be a sad day for me if they are discontinued completely. That said, I've only owned one, a tack driver in .280 Rem, which I later sold to fund a Hawkeye All-Weather in .280 Rem.

While beautiful rifles, the #1 rifles don't suit my hunting needs. Some years ago I saved $100 and bought a synthetic-stocked Remington 870 instead of a walnut stocked Browning BPS for much the same reason. Although I shot my buddy's BPS very well, I couldn't see laying in muddy ditches with the BPS.

That said, I'd like to find a nice #1 in .45-70.

dakota1911

Buckeye
I sort of collect Ruger No. 1s and love them, but there is a reason I took this picture of a No. 1 International in 30-06 with a Ruger SR-762 in 308. What can Ruger sell the most of?

felix cortinas

Bearcat
the .257 that seems to be available on several gun shop online sites seems to be the International model...I stick to the Standard models...wish I could find a .308 too.