Ruger factory 25rd magazines for 10/22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CraigC

Hawkeye
Anybody see these yet? Mighty interesting, good looking magazine with steel feed lips and an affordable price. Wonder if they'll be standard equipment on certain models like the SR-22???

http://ruger.com/micros/BX-25/index.html

Smee781

Single-Sixer
I just saw my e-mail as well and went ahead and placed an order for two. I figure I prob wont get to shoot them before going on my trip but they will be here when I return. Its about dam time they did this! Could of done with out the cheesy voice on the video though :)

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
I need to see how well they perform. I honestly really like the 10rd mags and almost never use my various HiCaps but having the option is always a good thing.

cce1302

Bearcat
'bout time. They seem to be better quality than butler creek steel lips, and they're dis-assemble-able, so that's nice. If they cost twice as much as steel lips, I'm not going to buy one though.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Got the e-mail mid-day and can say I wasn't overly excited seeing the new stuff. Just not my thing although I can see the market. The easy disassembly of the mag is a good feature. Bet Butler Creek and the like aren't too happy to see this. :lol:

mike7mm08

Buckeye
I will let the rest of you be the guinea pigs on this one. If the good reports outweigh the bad by at least two to one over the next couple months I will be buying a couple.

CraigC said:
Anybody see these yet? Mighty interesting, good looking magazine with steel feed lips and an affordable price. Wonder if they'll be standard equipment on certain models like the SR-22???

http://ruger.com/micros/BX-25/index.html

Nope, haven't seen them til now. For the folks wanting a quality, high-cap magazine for their 10/22, it's about time.

Thanks for posting this.

And, I guess I'm not alone, as they're already back ordered.

WAYNO.

While I am sure many are glad it came out I only wish it had come out in a 20 rd capacity rather than 25 so it could be sold and bought here in the Peoples Republic of Maryland. Our present law reads "After June 1, 1994, it is unlawful to sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer any detachable firearm magazine (except a tube magazine for a .22) that will hold more than 20 rounds. Possession is not prohibited." As the law now reads I can't even buy one and modify it to 20 rounds.

Not only are they back-ordered, but the Ruger page includes this little zinger . . .

"Ruger® cannot bill to or ship 25-round magazines to the following states and cities: California, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Washington DC, Aurora, IL, Chicago, IL, South Bend, IN, Cincinnati, OH, Cleveland, OH, Columbus, OH, Dayton, OH, Toledo, OH. DO NOT ORDER THIS PRODUCT, if you live in these locations."

Our government(s), looking out for our welfare . . . yeah, right.

:roll:

ranger1

Buckeye
Ale-8(1) said:
Not only are they back-ordered, but the Ruger page includes this little zinger . . .

"Ruger® cannot bill to or ship 25-round magazines to the following states and cities: California, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Washington DC, Aurora, IL, Chicago, IL, South Bend, IN, Cincinnati, OH, Cleveland, OH, Columbus, OH, Dayton, OH, Toledo, OH. DO NOT ORDER THIS PRODUCT, if you live in these locations."

Our government(s), looking out for our welfare . . . yeah, right.

:roll:

Unbelievable!

CraigC

Hawkeye
Not hardly, the TI's are five bucks more. Not bad for a little manufacturer from Idaho.

http://www.tacticalinc.com/ti25-advanced-composite-steel-magazine-ruger-1022-p-532.html

Latest posts