Ruger are you listening?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jjas

Single-Sixer
LuckenbachTexas said:
Ok, lets make it simple.

Sure would be nice to have that Wonderful No. 1 in 45/70

There's three number 1's in 45/70 for sale on gunbroker.

mac66

Single-Sixer
LuckenbachTexas said:
My first line debunks any other theories. The 450 BM is a dumb idea, the 350 Legend would make more sense if it were about being vogue. Additionally since Ruger made stuff in 32 Mag they have shown they can produce things other than whats needed to "stay alive"

The 450BM is still kind of a hot thing right now. A #1 in that caliber makes perfect sense. Big 450BM market. I would guess that most people who buy a 450BM never heard of the 444 M. So what's the market for the 444? You and maybe one other guy. :D It is an obsolete caliber.

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
Laminate Stainless 20" with muzzle break? I can't find them ?

Lets say the 450 BM makes plenty of sense, why did it jump to the head of the line on such a great configuration when many other calibers would out sell it and make more sense?

jjas said:
LuckenbachTexas said:
Ok, lets make it simple.

jjas

Single-Sixer
LuckenbachTexas said:
Laminate Stainless 20" with muzzle break? I can't find them ?

Lets say the 450 BM makes plenty of sense, why did it jump to the head of the line on such a great configuration when many other calibers would out sell it and make more sense?

jjas said:
LuckenbachTexas said:
Ok, lets make it simple.

It apparently makes more sense to Ruger to sell a rifle in a cartridge that is currently popular, than manufacture a rifle that would likely sell very few units (based on the sales history of the .444 marlin).

Either way...good luck on your quest.

Alan in GA

Single-Sixer
A recent 44 mag No.1 could be rechambered to 444 if you like the 20" barrel.
I've been hoping for a run of 444's too. Maybe a 22" or even 24" S medium weight. I have SIX boxes of Hornady ammo in 444, left over from a beautiful Marlin 444 I had and sold. Help me out RUGER! Put me down for a No.1 in 444 Marlin! By the way, please NOT with that hideous muzzle brake!!!

mohavesam

Hawkeye
My No. 1's have never been tack drivers out of the box, and I really, really wanted them to be accuracy machines. :cry:
But the 450bm?

I had a no.3 rebarreled for about $400 in 1980 dollars (20" stainless, no sights, 348 Winchester). Perfect woods gun.
ust be sure to have the new barrel remarked with the new chambering.

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
I see the No. 1 as a tribute to simplicity in design, and an art form that can be used to shoot a particular round that one may have an affinity to. As such, it should -- and in most cases does -- have an inherent beauty to behold. And while beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I don't find the laminate stock or the muzzle break complimentary to this platform. But that's just me. There does appear to be a buying segment that does like that combination or Ruger wouldn't have made it.

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
I don't disagree with you but it really depends on your era. As a person that doesn't clean guns and subjects them to conditions that will split wood or rust a blued gun out in a year, fugly works for me.

Its like when you finally realize that a stock, especially on a bolt action, is integral to its functionality, a synthetic or laminate is a no brainer.

When you reach a point in your life where dinner, a glass of whiskey, and a good night sleep are more important than cleaning, wet, salty, or bloody guns...no brainer.

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
I'm not sure I understand the reference to "era." Also, if I wanted functionality in a hunting gun I'd be using a bolt action. If I wanted accuracy and precision as functionality for target shooting, I'd be using a longer barreled gun that is known for accuracy out of the box. I think it's just a personal attraction to a particular platform that has no particular rationale. And that's ok.

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
"Era", means you are OLD, just as I am. We grew up with fine wood and bluing.

A stainless laminate 1 in 444 with a muzzle break makes perfect sense to (me).

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
Being older does not impact my choice of guns. I have a Ruger SR-761 and a bull pup .308.

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
So I'm missing something I guess. You are saying that because you are old you like single shot rifles? Certainly being old does not endear one to muzzle brakes or laminate stocks.

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
Sir, you likely grew up in a time when blue and wood guns were considered beautiful. The action of the gun has no bearing to me.

I gave you the conditions that endear me to such as stainless, composites, and I do appreciate a muzzle brake. Then again, I spent a career in the military, been in the harshest conditions the planet has to offer, and I hunt year around.

A useless civilian and average sportsman couldn't comprehend such things.

You are correct, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
That would be correct sir, other than keeping my bore cleaned every three years or wiping my boots on the door mat, I won't waste another minute on such when I can do something else.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
roashooter said:
Ruger does not listen to customers....

No they do not, but they listen to their distributers. That is who you need to talk to, Ruger is guaranteed to sell what ever they order, no risk for Ruger

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
LuckenbachTexas said:
Then again, I spent a career in the military

LuckenbachTexas said:
That would be correct sir, other than keeping my bore cleaned every three years

This is how marines do it:

https://loadoutroom.com/110153/how-to-clean-your-rifle-like-a-marine/