Ruger American done right

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Nomosendero

Single-Sixer
Right twist that is, good on them!! Stainless if you wish, gotta get one of the blued ones & shoot those 77MK's!!\
http://www.ruger.com/products/americanRifleAllWeather/models.html

wwb

Hunter
Yup.... note that the .223 is a 1:8 twist. 77 grain loads ought to work just fine.

My Savage is a 1:9 twist, and 69 grain bullets are just fine, but 77s don't work worth a darn.

Nomosendero

Single-Sixer
Rumrunner said:
I also reload, but I mistook the exclamations marks for Roman Numerals (MKII). Was trying to figure what shooting a MKII 77 had to do with the American. :oops:

Didn't say anything about that other rifle, 77 as in 77 grains, MK is matchking and the other was !!
Again, I have been around ranges and Match Kings too long, just take it for granted folks are thinking that way. :lol:
I like those .224 cal. 77gr MK's in my Rock River, now I can have a bolt gun that way, sorry about the confusion.

Nomosendero

Single-Sixer
Rumrunner said:
I shoot the 69 grain MK's in my Les Baer. Absolutely loves them. Les reccomended them to me. He shoots Federal Premiums with that bullet for the test groups he sends with his rifles.

Well there you go, I will try to be a little more clear next time. Yea, for a factory load my RRA loves the Fiocchi 69 gr. MK load .

oilcangary

Single-Sixer
Ruger nailed it with these rifles. My 308 Parked is an outstanding rifle and I would love to have the 22-250 in stainless.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Does anyone sell a wooden stock for them yet? Walnut or laminated?

I know Boyd's has finished stocks for the American Rimfires, but can't find any for the centerfires. Yet.

Nrut

Bearcat
I like to start up my reloading work up with the bullet into the lands a bit..
I hope that their mag box is long enough (2.45"-2.50") to accommodate the longer match bullets..

Sadly they didn't twist the 22-250 with a 1:8..
Using the 75gr A-max that would be a premo long range wolf or coyote rifle..