Ruger 77 front sight

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mike4570

Bearcat
Just picked up a beautiful tang safety M77 in 35 Whelen from a gentleman on this site.
I would like to add a more visible front site and a NECG receiver sight. So far the only sights I have found are a white bead or a fluorescent red. I really think a large gold bead is what I want, the original is way to small for my 60+ year old eyes.
If anyone knows of a source, I would appreciate hearing.
Thanks, Mike

rangerbob

Buckeye
mike, NECG makes replacement front sights for Rugers. Check them out on their website. Bob!! :mrgreen:

700xcr

Bearcat
I used NECG Front Gold Face Sourdough Partridge Sight and the Ruger Ghost Ring Peep Sight on my 375 Ruger Guide Gun. I am very happy with it.

https://www.newenglandcustomgun.com/Gun_Services/item_info.asp?Brand_id=4245&ST=RUGER%20Patridge%20Front%20Sight#.WQlPYfQrK00

https://www.newenglandcustomgun.com/Gun_Services/item_info.asp?Brand_id=6128&ST=Ruger%20Ghost%20Ring%20Peep%20Sight#.WQlP3fQrK00

GeezerD

Bearcat
mike4570 said:
Just picked up a beautiful tang safety M77 in 35 Whelen from a gentleman on this site.
I would like to add a more visible front site and a NECG receiver sight. So far the only sights I have found are a white bead or a fluorescent red. I really think a large gold bead is what I want, the original is way to small for my 60+ year old eyes.
If anyone knows of a source, I would appreciate hearing.
Thanks, Mike

Mike - I have the same problem with seeing the front sight. Here is a solution I came up with for my 77/357 with a NECG ghost ring rear sight. I adapted a Blitzkrieg Components Chevron front sight post intended for AR15s to fit the front sight dovetail. The chevron is a glow in the dark compound called "Luminova" with a tritium dot at the top of the chevron. The sight is large enough to see easily but if nesessary the point at the top can be used for a precise shot placement. Also, they are available in several colors - White, Green Luminova, Red w/tritium dot and Green Luminova w/tritium dot.

Latest posts