Ruger 77-357

Help Support Ruger Forum:

welder

Buckeye
BTW I think this is now the only bolt-action 357 magnum in production.
Think about how many other cartridges are in bolt guns. Why not the 357 magnum? Cool Cool QUOTE

+1. I have the 77/44 and will get this one as soon as it shows up at the LGS. It will make a fine mate to my GP and an excellent truck gun. It will indeed last forever and besides it's a Ruger.
:lol: :lol:

woods-walker

Single-Sixer
I like this rifle and want one.

I am a big fan of the .357 in a lever action loaded with a 180 grain Hornady XTP over Lil Gun. Performance is more than you would expect. I limit my game taking range to 100 yards or less. Perfect in the woods or fields.
This configuration offered by Ruger fills a need that I have wanted to explore and that is the ability to easily use a scope. I have a 3X Weaver that might be perfect for the job. I could do that with my Marlins but not the Brownings and for me I have found a receiver sight on the leveraction fills most of my needs but there are times when the magnification of a scope is needed. I like the way my 77/22 carries slung over my shoulder and imagine this one will feel as good with the added capability of this cartridge.

sp

Single-Sixer
Might have to buy one -- just for fun.

My wife has a .357 revolver and shoots up about 100 rounds at each time at the range. A .357 rifle would make bigger bullet holes than her .22 would and that why she likes shooting the .357 revolver and like previously posted the little .357 bolt gun would last forever.

If we got one I would be tasked with restocking it with a wood stock.

A

Anonymous

Now if it was in the 357 Max and had a standard lead instead of a forcing cone. Loaded with the Hornady 180 SSP it would be just about perfect.

woods-walker

Single-Sixer
Hey Grovere welcome to the Forum!

Where did you get the information that this rifle has a forcing cone? I have not come across that in the specifications. Interesting

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
woods-walker said:
Hey Grovere welcome to the Forum!

Where did you get the information that this rifle has a forcing cone? I have not come across that in the specifications. Interesting
Perhaps he means 'if the chamber and lead (free-bore) were standard 357Maxi length' instead of the short chamber and lead for the 357mag.? That doesn't fix the magazine problem though, unless you want a single-shot. For a single-shot Maxi all you would need is to have the chamber reamed, I believe. And that would be pretty cool. :D :D

...Jimbo