Rock Island 45 F/S NIB

Help Support Ruger Forum:

flh79

Blackhawk
Rock Island Armory 1911 TAC 45ACP FULL SIZE 5" DUO TONE 8RD. FOR SALE Rock Island M1911 FS Tactical Pistol features a 5" barrel, parkerized finish slide, matte nickel frame, front dovetail sight, rear snag free sight, series 70 type firing system, skeletonized trigger, combat hammer, single action trigger, overall length of 8.5" , unloaded weight of 39.5 oz. and an 8+1 capacity. Extended beavertail two-tone 1911 is truly love at first shot. Full length guide rod and snag free combat style, low profile sights are built in for performance. The tactical model gives you everything you want in a pistol at great value. Will ship to your FFL dealer for price of $475.00, that is at cost. NO TRADES, prefer USPS money order.NO CA. sales. Can send pics if need be, can't send them right away, but will get them to you. Rock Island's site has pics also.First I'll take it is the rule here. This gun is NEW IN THE BOX, never messed with.
Thanks.

luvs2hunt62

Blackhawk
As a lover of 1911's, I will tell you that I've owned a dozen or so of these, and currently am the proud owner of 2 of them. They are my everyday shooters, and they eat everything I feed them flawlessly. You can spend twice the money and not get near as good a gun. I was going to say, there are better looking guns, but I just noticed that this is the nickel frame model. If you've ever wanted a 1911, jump on this baby. I'm so tempted, I won't be able to get my Sat nap!!

flh79

Blackhawk
Question:
Is there any EASY way to post pics here w/o having to use Photobucket? Us senior citizens are kind of technologically challenged sometimes. My daughter gets kind of tired of me asking her to do it for me.

flh79

Blackhawk
Will take $25.00 loss. Now $450.00 shipped. By the way, I'm a FFL holder and have my own store. Want to move this ,have some others I'll be posting for sale, Kimber, Browning, Ruger.

Bearcat

Blackhawk
flh79 said:
Will take $25.00 loss. Now $450.00 shipped. By the way, I'm a FFL holder and have my own store. Want to move this ,have some others I'll be posting for sale, Kimber, Browning, Ruger.

PM sent

flh79

Blackhawk
What's wrong with doing paperwork for a handgun? As a licensed dealer that is how we do things. I firmly believe that any individual that attempts to buy a handgun should go thru a background check. I know in some states all you have to do is make sure the other person is a resident from the same state. Only problem with that is, the other person might have gotten out of prison a couple of weeks ago, be a convicted felon and you just sold a weapon to him. I have never ever had a problem with doing the paperwork for the gun, even waaaay before I became a licensed dealer. Situation: You wake up @ 3 in the morning from noise in your house, you grab a gun you have there , confront person, exchange gunfire, he's dead, you're o.k. Police show up, ask for the gun, run a numbers check on gun, come back and ask you, Mr. Jones, this gun is not in your name but Mr.Smiths name and you don't remember where or who you got it from. Not good. I would not want to ever be in a situation like that. Better have one hell of a good attorney. A person up here went thru that a while ago and it was not pretty,he went thru hell with the court system, but he didn't get any charge for shooting the guy, he ended up with a felony for having the gun that wasn't registered in his name. Now he's getting sued by the family of the person he shot because the gun wasn't his. That's what happens when attorneys get a hold of it. I know I'm going to catch a lot of flack for this but this is the reality of it. I like my freedoms as much as anyone else and I firmly believe in the 2nd amendment, but as dealers that is how we do it.

protoolman

Service-Sixer
Flh, if buying guns or selling guns without paper is a bad idea all I can say is most uf us in Montana and the Dakotas are screwed.

Bearcat

Blackhawk
luvs2hunt62 said:
AMEN, FLH, I'll do paperwork all day to get the kind of deal you just offered.

Luvs2Hunt62.....If you want one of these, Bud's Gun Shop has them for almost the same price $452 with free shipping....

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_876/products_id/411548479/Rock+Island+Armory+51438+1911+Two-Tone+GI+8%2B1+45ACP+5%22

flh79

Blackhawk
Bearcat,
I guess it's o.k. to inform people that there are other deals out there, but next time make sure it is the same gun. The one you put on from Bud's so called gun shop is not the same one as I sold. It IS NOT the tactical version that I sold. Besides , I would much rather see members patronizing the smaller gun shops than the big box stores or the Big gun shops that only sell online. Remember that if we don't patronize the small gun shops then one day we might wonder where they went.

GasGuzzler

Hunter
There are two small shops within 40 miles of me. One charges $50 for FFL transfer, the other $25 but has CCI .22LR for $15 per 100. I'm not stupid and won't chase the dream for someone else. I guess 2/3 of Texans are screwed too for making LEGAL non-paper trades. Anyone that thinks any kind of paperwork for any kind of transaction protects them from anything hasn't read his history.

This all started with a kind bump for a nice piece at a good price. Sorry I made it real. If the gun is sold and paid for, this topic should be (should have been already) locked....and really the extra stuff (my fault I guess) should be deleted.

luvs2hunt62

Blackhawk
Bearcat, I am very familiar with Buds and I always research any gun before I buy. I don't think there is any COMPARABLE RIA for sale on line or on any of the forums I frequent, including G B, for the same price. IN any case, I would never hijack another members thread for any reason.