Refurb Project?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

anachronism

Single-Sixer
Hmmm.... I wonder if it's possible to rebore & rechamber a Six series to 40 S&W. If it were a GP, I'd be all over it. The bore & chambers are my only concern.

silverback

Blackhawk
OnTheSide said:
Is there a way to get the pitting out of the medal?

look back at "roninpa" old posts he does a great job of cleaning and cerakoting to protect metal.

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=170352
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=178995

I have the darker 6 inch from the first link. couldn't be happier. great guy

as you can see I have become his greatest fan. LOL!!! really its just that its hard to find an individual who does great work and is willing to help like he is. I believe in supporting our forum members.

OnTheSide said:
Is there a way to get the pitting out of the medal?

That will be the challenge if the pitting is real deep, but I think it will be possible to take some metal off without compromising the structural integrity. I'm hoping the price doesn't go up very much more :D . I have an idea of how high I will go to before letting someone else get it. I wonder if the people bidding have really read the description? I would think the "missing parts" would scare most people away.

We have faith in you Ron, you can pull it off, we have done some over the years just like that and WORSE, wish I had taken pictures back then of "before & after".appears to be water damage, neglect, like left in a basement after the fire departemnt put out the fire UPSTAIRS......find it some time later......gun left submerged does a different rusting pattern on and ALL over the surface, almost like 'layers'............only concern to me would be just "how deep" and where the serious pitting is on the cylinder, looks like its over the fat, meaty part ...and YOU know how well 'sandblasting' (glass? ) can do wonders in these areas :wink:
(glad YOU have the parts,,, last one sent back to the factory, they could NOT, would NOT, "fix" a loose extractor/ejector rod.......) :roll: they said they "no longer had the parts...." and would replace the gun with an SP 101...........(at dealers cost) 8)

Happy New Year !! .......... we await the "work in progress" :)