Redhawk holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chris_

Blackhawk
I would like to add that I got my sourdough Pancake for my Alaskan and my 4" Redhawk fits just as nicely in it.

BearStopper

Blackhawk
For an inexpensive option, I use a Triple K....think it is a Lightning or something like that....got mine for 25 dollars new although retail is much higher. Turned out to be one of my favorite holsters. Hard to tell it is even there.

DCRuger

Single-Sixer
Clint,
I just also got a RH 4" .45LC and have been holster shoping. I saw this one at a local dealer and intend to get it my next trip over. I had the gun ( was shooting on their range) and the owner opened it so I could try it and it fit like a glove, not tight ( as most seem to be). I like the snap at the top and the cross-draw option. It was nice! He gave me a $70 OTD price. it was listed as for 4" RH or 4" S&W mod. 29

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Leather-Multi-Position-Holster,1558,1418.htm

D.

luvmyruger

Blackhawk
Mr. S said:
My .45 Colt 4" Redhawk does very well in it's Simply Rugged holster. I have been real happy with quality.

Rick

45RedhawkwHolster2RS.jpg

Nice pic
What kind of grips are those?

Mr. S

Bearcat
luvmyruger,

The grips are from Badger Grips: http://www.badgercustomgrips.com/ruger_pistol_grips.php

I have used his grips on a few of my revolvers and like them a lot.

Rick

DCRuger

Single-Sixer
BTW, my 4" .45LC SS Redhawk came mistakenly with a SRH/Alaskan manual. I'll bet they got shuffled around when people were looking at the guns on the tables at the show. I didn't notice it until I got home. Inside the manual was a plastic bag with a copper colored -looking pin. It was stapled to the warranty card. At first I thought it might be a replacement rear sight pin since it seems to drift out a bit when shot, but it's a bit longer and a tad bigger in diameter.. Does anyone know what this is. I'm wondering if it is a SRH/Alaskan part and not a RH part?

D.

layzdude

Bearcat
Sorry to high jack the thread but I just bought a Redhawk 357 and was looking at getting the Bianchi Cyclone. Then I came across this.
http://shopruger.com/Redhawk_Super-Redhawk-Holster-7-bbl/productinfo/84192/
Two questions.
1) will either holster fit the 357. I am assuming they will. If not mistaken the gun frames are the same just different size holes drilled?

2) I have not heard to much about the Ruger made holster, the Ruger holster is half the price of the Bianchi. Is the Bianchi worth 2x the price? Unfortunately either holster won't get much use except at the range (Live in New Jersey :)

Snyd

Single-Sixer
The pin is for when you tear down the gun. It tells you about it in the........owners manual :D

I'll check mine but I think they use the same manual for RH, SRH/Alaskans.

DCRuger said:
BTW, my 4" .45LC SS Redhawk came mistakenly with a SRH/Alaskan manual. I'll bet they got shuffled around when people were looking at the guns on the tables at the show. I didn't notice it until I got home. Inside the manual was a plastic bag with a copper colored -looking pin. It was stapled to the warranty card. At first I thought it might be a replacement rear sight pin since it seems to drift out a bit when shot, but it's a bit longer and a tad bigger in diameter.. Does anyone know what this is. I'm wondering if it is a SRH/Alaskan part and not a RH part?

D.

Clint50

Bearcat
DCRuger said:
Clint,
I just also got a RH 4" .45LC and have been holster shopping. I saw this one at a local dealer and intend to get it my next trip over. I had the gun ( was shooting on their range) and the owner opened it so I could try it and it fit like a glove, not tight ( as most seem to be). I like the snap at the top and the cross-draw option. It was nice! He gave me a $70 OTD price. it was listed as for 4" RH or 4" S&W mod. 29

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Leather-Multi-Position-Holster,1558,1418.htm

D.

That's a nice looking holster,too. I might have considered it if I had seen it sooner. Cost is a wash as $70/delivered is what I paid for my Simply Rugged pancake.

DCRuger

Single-Sixer
Snyd said:
The pin is for when you tear down the gun. It tells you about it in the........owners manual :D

I'll check mine but I think they use the same manual for RH, SRH/Alaskans.

Thanks, I'll see if I can find it in the SRH manual. I haven't been back to a show yet to get the manual swapped out w/ the dealer. My old Redhawk .44 mag from years ago didn't come with that.
D.

Clint50

Bearcat
Got my Simply Rugged pancake holster,today. Didn't expect it to be so large. Tried wearing it in the crossdraw position and it kinda felt unnatural. It's on my right hip now and feels pretty good. Hopefully some of the leather stiffness will loosen up with use.
I think I'm going to like it just fine. :)