Red Label All Weather price check

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cope

Bearcat
Local shop has an all weather 12ga 28" barrel O/U with stainless matte/ brushed finish and synthetic stock for $899. Seems like it's been shot a bit( action/lever is very smooth and easy to open-minded not stiff) but good shape overall.

Seems like auction prices on these re all over the place on these. Good deal here or??

Appreciate any opinions...

Rocdoc

Buckeye
I just saw one at Dallas Arms Collectors show asking $1695, but did not sell I heard. I think yours a good deal. The one I saw did have the box but do not know if all the paperwork was inside.

hittman

Staff member
Wow .... you never see those.

I passed on one near-mint without box a few years back at (I think) $1100 and have regretted it from time to time. And ..... I'm not a shotgun guy. If I saw that local to me I'd give it some serious consideration.

The Norseman

Blackhawk
That is a really good price if it is in really good shape.

A buddy of mine got his for $1K. Talk them down
from $1100.

If you can talk LGS down to $800 that would be great.

But...at $899 I would not have hesitated buying that
AW RRL 12ga., probably would have broke my arm
because I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough.

egl52

Single-Sixer
If you don't buy it, send me a PM with the shop information and I will! That's a great deal.

flh79

Blackhawk
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they have problems with them,? like separation of the barrels towards the end of them? We had to send some back when they first come out because of that problem.

cope

Bearcat
Thanks for the input guys- I picked it up today and will hopefully take it out this weekend for a spin. If i decide to sell it I'll let you guys know/

eastbank

Single-Sixer
they did and do have problems, ruger put them out I think two times claiming the problems were fixed. but they weren,t, and I don,t think they service them any more.

35ruger

Single-Sixer
eastbank said:
they did and do have problems, ruger put them out I think two times claiming the problems were fixed. but they weren,t, and I don,t think they service them any more.

What were the "problems" ??

eastbank

Single-Sixer
google ruger red label shotgun problems and make your own mind up. we have had several on the clay bird ranges and had troubles with the few here, more than any other group of shotguns used.