Record Gator in MS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
This is gator season here, and these guys got a big one. Yazoo River. 14 feet 3 inches. 802.5 lbs.

yDGNsQJ.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Dern,, that is a BIG one for sure! I've seen a few that were in the 12 ft range,, and knowing the mass they have,, and such,, I'm sure that one was HUGE! That took a lot of work for sure!

My sister used to live in Hilton Head SC. Her neighborhood was essentially built around a series of ponds. there was a walkway around the ponds about ten-fifteen feet from the water's edge, nothing unusual to see 6 -10 large alligators lying around the pond sunning themselves. The residents walked around the ponds with their dogs, none were attacked the 2-3 years she lived in that neighborhood.

2 alligators were talking in the swamp one day and the bigger one asked the small one why he was so little. The little one said that he ate regularly and the big one asked what he ate. The little one said that he would hide behind the courthouse and wait under a Lexus or Mercedes looking for lawyers. He would then jump out and scare the crap out of the lawyer before he ate him. The big alligator told the little one he was losing all the nutrition that way because once you scare the crap out of a lawyer all you have left is a briefcase and Rolex...

dannyd

Hunter
These are put up for a reason, Lake at the Data Center.

Attachments

• 8B1338ED-075A-412A-A6F5-A54E720C6024.jpeg
    8B1338ED-075A-412A-A6F5-A54E720C6024.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 53

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
What a dinosaur!
Wonder what administered the coupe de grace?

MS only allows long barrel shotguns with birdshot, or a .38cal or larger bangstick. Don't know which was used for this one, but probably a bangstick. Folks will normally have both in the boat. Other states have different rules about this and other aspects of the hunt.