Recommendations of SP101 holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Does anyone have a picture and recommendation for a high ride holster for the 3" SP101? I have several IWB but looking for one that rides high and tight for strong side carry and a plus if it is crossdraw adaptable.
Prefer oxblood of darker brown leather.

My 2 1/8" SP normally rides in a Simply Rugged pancake or for an even higher ride, one of the Kramer holsters with the Ruger logo on it. It has a thumb break and lets me keep it under a sweater or light jacket with no problem.

mr surveyor

Blackhawk
here's my daily carry for "field use"

LoboLeather high ride pancake. I've had it for a few months now, and it gets a daily dose of whatever nasty environment I have to work in. Still looks just like it did when I opened the package.

LOBOLEATHERHOLSTER.jpg

surv

tookalisten

Blackhawk
Simply Rugged. I rarely wear IWB and have taken those straps off; but glad to have them if I change my mind. Very comfortable strong side or cross draw. I mostly wear cross draw now.

DSCF3708.jpg

Smokngun

Single-Sixer
+1 on simply rugged. You can wear it a lot of different ways. Love it.

MH WASH

Bearcat
I must be wearing my Simply Rugged wrong. I have the Pancake, and wear it crossdraw with my 4" Sp101. By the end of the day my hip is very sore, and I cant wait to get it off.

recumbent

Buckeye
MH WASH said:
I must be wearing my Simply Rugged wrong. I have the Pancake, and wear it crossdraw with my 4" Sp101. By the end of the day my hip is very sore, and I cant wait to get it off.

I wear the SR silver dollar pancake with 3 inch SP101 on my strong side (right side) just to the rear of my hip bone, very comfortable there.

When I first got it I tried different positions for the holster and this one is the most comfortable for me, even when driving.

flhr62

Single-Sixer
MH WASH said:
I wear mine crossdraw, but not canted, between my hip bone and my beltbuckle. It does render one front pocket useless though.

MADISON

Single-Sixer
I can not tell you what to use but, I can tell you what I have found and what I use.
Except for the strap, any holster for a model S&W 36/60 should fit.
A stretch of the strap is necessary.
I use a Bianchi #5 holster for my SP-101.

Elmer

Bearcat
The Don Hume H721OT works well for my 2.25" SP101. I'm not sure if there's a 3" version but I did have to enter barrel length when I ordered it and it's stamped "2 1/4" on the inside.

I don't think it would work for crossdraw, though, as it has a bit of a forward cant.

Latest posts