Rear sight blade?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

750k2

Bearcat
Are the new flattop rear sight blades the same as the rears on the standard blackhawks?
Thanks

750k2

Bearcat
Boy! guess your gonna make me go down and pull a couple apart.
There a pain to get back together :roll:

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
Research the part numbers on either Ruger or Brownells web site. Most companys only stock parts under one part number if that part will fit several different guns.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Yes they are. NM Flat Top blades have the little bump on the blade to index in the hole you see in the front of the rear sight slot.

However, New Model standard Blackhawks and single sixes did not have the 'bump and the hole' rear sight prior to approximately the late 1970s. And neither did the old Model flat top sights or any Old Model sights.

Of course the blades w/o bump will work in old or new style rear sight slot. And the bump on the new style blades can be filed off so they will work in the old style rear sight slot without the hole. I only know this because I wanted to put a new style blade with bump that has the 'V' sight notch in an old model rear sighted gun.

cadillo

Blackhawk
I was able to install a rear leaf from a Mark III on an Old Model Super Single Six. It only needed to have the little new model guide teat removed for installation. Looks and works great.

Easy Fix!

Latest posts