Pimped out

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Can't leave my guns alone, gotta have some mods to make 'em "mine". Latest project is my Mk III 22/45...the pistol has had a Volquartsen trigger for some time. Got the wild idea to pimp it out, so I had it painted in red Cerakote, then the gunsmiths milled the polymer frame flat to accept 1911 style grips I ordered from Sarge. They installed 1911 style screws and bushings so I can remove the panels for cleaning. The olivewood has a nice contrast to the polished stainless and red paint.

Overview of the Mk III
100_3633Medium.jpg

Millwork done to accept the 1911 style grips
100_3631Medium.jpg

Close look at the upper left panel
100_3623Medium.jpg

rugerguy said:
NOW, just how does it shoot??? :roll:

It's a case of good news, bad news.

Good news is that the Ruger shoots rather nicely. The trigger is set to 1.98 lbs, has very little take up, and the fiber optic front sight gathers light nicely.
Bad news is that my Parkinson's is still there (Igor is the nickname), and my trifocals don't line up so good at times.

I have found though, that on a good day when Igor is quiet, I can put a 6 inch target at 25 ft, and do some pretty quick rapid fire with a whole magazine staying in the circle. Slow fire induces lots of front sight wiggle and Igor gets jealous!

Latest posts