Old Model .357 Flatop:
100_2551.jpg

Old Model .41 Mag:
100_0467.jpg

New Model .44 Mag Super:
100_2445.jpg

mic214

Bearcat
I got my 4-5/8" .357 magnum Flat Top many years ago from a guy who had kept it in the holster, in a plastic bag underneath the floor of his barn......for a YEAR! The gun had originally belonged to his brother who had passed away. The guy who gave it to me did not like guns, so that is why he had stored it in his barn. His brother had used the Ruger as his "Outback" gun in the wilds of Alaska.

The gun had a few hard spots here and there and a coating of light rust, but after a couple of hours of scrubbing, it turned out pretty good:

Flattop1a.jpg

Ruger__holster2a.jpg

Aeroscout9

Single-Sixer
Here's mine:
100_0889-Copy.jpg

It's a put together 41 maggie. The NM super frame was purchased seperate from a 41 parts kit. I didn't feel bad about flattening the top strap. It was put together with a Power Custom half cock hammer/trigger and an anniversary GF. If I were restricted to only one revolver...

Cherokee

Single-Sixer
I'll show a few....first is an OM 357 conversion to 44 Special (Andy Horvath):

Bowie44Spl01.jpg

This was my first Ruger, I made the holster in highschool craft class 1957:

RugerSSFG001.jpg

A nice OM 45 Colt "shorty"

Ruger45C4Conv005.jpg

A good 44 FT shooter:

RugerFT44M001.jpg

tek4260

Buckeye
Aeroscout9 said:
Here's mine:
100_0889-Copy.jpg

It's a put together 41 maggie. The NM super frame was purchased seperate from a 41 parts kit. I didn't feel bad about flattening the top strap. It was put together with a Power Custom half cock hammer/trigger and an anniversary GF. If I were restricted to only one revolver...

I see your front sight is too short :)

Aeroscout9

Single-Sixer
tek4260 said:
I see your front sight is too short :)

Ya, that ring around the rear of the cylinder was there when i purchased it. The screw doesn't rub the cylinder anymore when the rear sight is bottomed out. BTW I'm pretty sure I bought that gripframe from you.

tek4260

Buckeye
Seen that ring before :) This ring came from a previous owner.

101_2324.jpg

And yea that grip frame came from me. It was on a 50th 44mag if I recall correctly.

Aeroscout9

Single-Sixer
tek4260 said:
And yea that grip frame came from me. It was on a 50th 44mag if I recall correctly.

I'm a fan of the steel XR3 grip frame. I need to place a WTB add for another project.

cruzerlou

Buckeye
I've told this story before but it fits right in here in this thread .
I bought this 7 1/2 " Mag-na- -ported SBH when I was around 22-23 years old .I got married at 24 and as things sometimes go we have to do things we don't want to do ,,so I sold my beloved SBH.Around 5 years ago I was in the gun shop at a range I belonged to and saw this 7 1/2" SBH in the case ,so ask if I could see it .the owner handed me the gun and I noitced right off that it was Mag-Na- Portedand some one had done the same thing I had done to my SBH , painted the front blade with day glo orange gig head paint .
As I looked at the gun closer I noitced that the last 4 digits of the serial # were engraved into the front of the cylender same as my old gun .My heart started to flutter a bit now ,one last test ,I took out my pocket knife and just scraped lightly at the orange paint and under it was white out ,the first thing I tried to help me pick up the sights ,THIS WAS MY OLD GUN!!!!!!! .The owner wanted $275.00 for it I just pulled out ny wallwt and counted out $275.00 and brought the old girl home where she beloned and would be loved and cared for .I figured it out and it had been something like 19 years since I had held that gun .I'm getting ready to do a lot of custom work to her and I'll tell y'all this I'll eat her before I ever sell her again ..Here she is
Lou
LousPics071.jpg

flatgate

Hawkeye
Sorry, in a hurry, and didn't stick with the 4-5/8" barrel "rule"......

331486214.jpg

Late issue .44 Flattops with XR3-RED grip frames and consecutive serial numbers. :D

flatgate

David LaPell

Blackhawk
I don't have any 4 5/8 inch barrel revolvers currently in the inventory, hopefully that will change but for the moment the only Ruger (or Colt or SAA copy) I have is my 6 1/2 inch old model .357 but I am trying to put it to good use.

The last 4 5/8 inch barreled Ruger I had, an original flat top .357. Still wish I had it.

Mag-force

Single-Sixer
Thanks for bring this back up with all these beautiful revolvers. Never seen this before.

BearBio

Buckeye

Just got this one--it's due here in a few days. Shipped to Mexico City in 1900 or 1901, real ivory, ruby (?) eyes, engraved in a northern Mexico style. Came off of the Apache Res. How'd it get from Mexico City (and get duded up?)? and in the hands of an Apache?

Also, got a 38-40 SAA a month or so ago (No pics yet). Shipped to Ft Smith Arkansas in 1900. The 38-40 was a favorite lawman caliber in the (Indian) Territories at that time.

What stories can they tell?

Latest posts