Oregon coast. Don’t hold it against me.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

yober

Bearcat
Just a quick "Hi" from Oregon. My first real purchase was an sr1911, but lately I've been on a revolver kick with a Blackhawk and a gp100 (in .44 Special). I'll probably lurk some but any advice on a trigger job for my gp100 is appreciated.

Thanks!

Ride1949

Hunter
Welcome from over the hill in the High Desert of Central Oregon.

Last edited:

Tenbore

Single-Sixer
At least you're not from that bastion of freedom, Lincoln County. Keizer here.

BearBiologist

Hunter
Welcome from the "Dry Side" of WA. Multnomah was the only county to give me a non-resident CCL!

KIR

Sparks, NV
Greetings from Sparks, NV. My niece lives in Beaverton (west of Portland) and my son moved up there two years ago. I thought about moving up there but the precipitation 50% of the year turned me off. I like my seasons here in Sparks, NV. My son is thinking of moving as his sinus probs are bad there.
I drove through Portland about a dozen years ago, to catch a quick visit with my niece, but I don't remember anything about the town, except mebbe some iron bridge?
I stayed a couple of weeks with an old gf who lived in Coos Bay. That was a great place. Splendid view from a hilltop of the ocean. Anyways, good shootin' to ya.

rugeraficiando

Single-Sixer
Just a quick "Hi" from Oregon. My first real purchase was an sr1911, but lately I've been on a revolver kick with a Blackhawk and a gp100 (in .44 Special). I'll probably lurk some but any advice on a trigger job for my gp100 is appreciated.

Thanks!
Welcome from SE, no not Wisconsin! ;)

Last edited:

yober

Bearcat
The politics are corrupt?
The coastal Oregon communities are a shade more liberal than the rest of the state, by and large. Portland/Salem is immensely corrupt and is the tail that wags the dog. Most of Oregon, like most of Washington and California, is solidly conservative but one county pretty much outvotes the rest of the state, so we don't matter. There's a T-shirt around here that says, "Don't Portland my Oregon".…