Opinion please on PC4 & 9 value with "police"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roylt

Hunter
Do you guys think it adds to the value of the gun or does it really matter? Personally I don't think it matters but thought I would ask.

Thanks

wwb

Hunter
You gonna collect it? Maybe

You gonna shoot it? I wouldn't pay an extra nickle for it.

mrmike7189

Single-Sixer
i think the first batches of them said" police carbine", but sturm ruger didn't like the idea of rifles sold to the public that said POLICE on them, so they changed the stamping to "ruger carbine" instead. If you research the serial # on yours and get an early model date, then it MAY be worth a little more to a collector of these rifles, but i doubt it would be worth much more than an extra 50- 100 bucks?
( Unfortunately parts are impossible to find for these, so if yours is not in great condition, it would be only worth parts to somebody in a few years)

Jake-Gallows

Bearcat
Brownells and Midway both stock lots of parts for these rifles...maybe not the large parts like barrels, and stocks..but most of the small parts (springs, pins, levers, etc.) are still pretty common.
I just ordered a few extra springs, and pins that seem the may eventually wear out just to have on hand...easy to find

QB

Single-Sixer
I have one of each (Police Carbine and Ruger Carbine). I would rather have had two that had Police Carbine just because I like guns that are a little "different". I would have been willing to pay a little more (maybe up to a $100-150) for the Police Carbine badged rifle.

In fact, if I found another Police Carbine marked one in excellent to like new condition I'd probably buy it and sell my Ruger Carbine marked rifle.

But that's just me and I'm probably in the minority concerning the markings on the rifle and their value.

reakin

Single-Sixer
mrmike7189 said:
i think the first batches of them said" police carbine", but sturm ruger didn't like the idea of rifles sold to the public that said POLICE on them, so they changed the stamping to "ruger carbine" instead.

Really? They didn't seem to mind with the Police Service Six revolvers.

reakin

scuffler

Bearcat
I dont think anything will break on these guns, maybe I am naive tut I think these guns would have to be shot thousands and thousands of rounds to even begin to wear out. And when I call ruger they seem to have all parts and are willing to fix them so I dont know what the " parts are impossible to find thing means?