Oldest Firearm You Still Shoot

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SAJohn

Hunter
Mine is a Winchester Model 90 pump action .22 born in 1906. It was my Grandmother's first firearm when she was a child. I might not be here but for that rifle. They were living in the then small town of Tucson, AZ during the 1930's. When my mother was about 6 years old, she walked out into the front yard only to be confronted by a wound up and hissing Rattle snake. My Grandmother saw what was happening and stepped outside with her trusty Winchester. She made a head shot on that snake only inches from my mother to be.

My second oldest firearm is a Belgium 12 gauge A-5 made in 1929. The barrel was long ago cut down to 18.5 inches. It has the old suicide inside the trigger guard safety. I keep it loaded with 00 buckshot for home defense. You just stick your finger inside the trigger guard then push forward to release the safety then pull back to start launching five rounds of hell on earth. :)

John

tom black

Blackhawk
86 Winchester made in 1894.
Tom

414325412.jpg

SAJohn

Hunter
So far Tom Black is the winner.

Heliman, I believe I have I have .348 Winchester reloading dies but no .348 rifle. If you can use them PM me. I my even have some bullets and brass.

John

SAJohn said:
So far Tom Black is the winner.

Heliman, I believe I have I have .348 Winchester reloading dies but no .348 rifle. If you can use them PM me. I my even have some bullets and brass.

John

John, thanks for the offer. I no longer reload and have about 30 of my late Dad's handloads and 80+/- factory loads. I use this rifle for heavy timber, short range elk hunting. Thanks again! :wink:

Dave

1920(ish) Iver Johnson side by side. It was a gift from my father in law right before he died, it was his father's duck hunting gun and was passed onto him as a child. We never discussed guns and I had no idea he had it but when he got his cancer diagnosis he said he wanted me to have it. It hadn't been shot in 50 years, it was beautiful but well worn and I was truly touched when he gave it to me. He thought it would make a great display piece and it does, I cleaned and function checked it when I got it and it looked good so I took it out and shot some clay birds with it. The gun is quite accurate and is absolutely the most punishing gun I've ever shot, my shoulder hurts just talking about it. Every year on his birthday I take that gun off the wall and the wife and I go to the range and run some shells through it for her dad Ralph.

Rook

Blackhawk
I've used my great grandpa's Marlin 1889 .38-40 lever action rifle with octagon barrel that was made in 1893 to shoot in SASS matches. I inherited it along with the rest of my family guns back in the late 90s and it's as accurate today as it was 127 years ago when he bought it. I didn't even have to adjust the sights on it. It was dead on at 50 yards.

jfP39Su.jpg