Not as described....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rodfarva

Single-Sixer
...but much better!!!!

I picked this up today. From it's Gunbroker description, I was expecting a well worn 90-95% finish gun. I'd actually rate it as 99%+. It would easily pass as NIB. I really doubt that it was fired other than test firing at the factory.

For those that notice by looking at the pic, it is a Ruger Blackhawk in the .357 Maximum caliber. I've wanted one of these for long time. My dad has one, but it has been carried and shot a lot and he doesn't still have the box. It was actually the first handgun that I ever shot.

100_2140.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Excellent find.
It's funny you mentioned "under-graded." The gentleman who passed away on Easter, (I mentioned him in a post in the Lounge,) who taught me several things about gun trading used to under-grade guns. Only when he was selling. He always figured if he undergraded a gun, the buyer would be much happier. I was out in Wyoming back in 2000, and found a Luger. Knowing he enjoyed them, I got the info off the gun, and called him that evening. He agreed to my assesment of the gun & price, so I got it for him. (I had a FFL with me.) On our way home we stopped in Knoxville Tn, and we met with him. I had wrapped the gun in a towel, and handed it to him. W/o looking at the gun, he paid for it. Later, he called me to compliment me on how I had undergraded the gun and he was very pleased. I was a proud student that day.

rodfarva

Single-Sixer
It's definitely too nice to convert and as long as I have access to my dad's gun, I probably won't shoot it.

Latest posts