Northern Michigan (dial-up beware!)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Three50seven

Buckeye
Here's a bunch of pics I took of my vacation in the Northern Lower and Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Hope you enjoy!

First up: Taquamenan Falls
102_0267.jpg

102_0270.jpg

Next, An unusually calm day at Lake Superior's Whitefish Point.
102_0288.jpg

(15mi. to the NW of here is where the Edmund Fitzgerald sunk in November of 1975.)

Next, the outlet of the Taquamenan River into Lake Superior.
102_0292.jpg

A freighter in the Straits of Mackinac
102_0304.jpg

Arch Rock on Mackinac Island
102_0311.jpg

The Mighty Mackinac Bridge
009.jpg

Some more pics of Waugashance Point for those of you who saw my "Where am I" thread
026.jpg

034.jpg

Thanks for looking!

That's pretty much the exact same trip I took last summer with my girlfriend: Mackinac Island, Whitefish Point, and Tahquamenon Falls. We also hit Petoskey and Charlevoix on the way home. We rented one of those tandem bicycles on Mackinac Island to make the trek around the island, and for those that have never experienced a tandem bicycle, it's a little weird, but we had fun. Visiting the fort on Mackinac Island is a "must do" if you're there. They have people in period uniforms firing off muskets and cannons. The museum at Whitefish Point is quite a treat too. Lots of good information presented in an entertaining way.

thecolonel

Bearcat
Great Photos Makes me want to "go home" to upstate Michigan. We spent a summer in Lake City, Michigan a few years ago, I was the interim pastor at the Lake City Southern Baptist Church. I fell in love with the area. My wife, was stationed at Charlevoix when she was in the Air Force at the radar site that was there. We have spent a lot of time in the northern part of Michigan. Beautiful country, always feels like home.

callshot

Blackhawk
Great photos, I have been there but never got many photos. I spent time around Pentwater fishing Lake Michigan with my inlaws.

IaDC

Bearcat
A farm couple from here used to work there. Darwin and Myra Jones . He took care of the horses and she might have taken care of a hotel or something. No motor vehicles she said. Walk, bike, or horse carriage apparently.

Three50seven

Buckeye
Yep, No motor vehicles on the island except for one ambulance and one firetruck. It's awesome to step off the ferry boat and just listen. It doesn't sound like any other town you've ever been in. You can hear horses and people talking, and thats it. Very peaceful place.