NEW LC9 and LC380 TRIGGER KIT

Help Support Ruger Forum:

aWoods

Single-Sixer
revhigh said:
My point was that no matter what the reviews say ... You STILL have no idea of longevity or long term functionality of this stuff. Everybody raved about the Galloway products too ... Until now ... Until enough units were in production ... And they've been 'tested' by the public, and found to be problematic.

My point stands .... Buy a gun you can live with in its factory configuration ... And if you can't tell the triggers on these cheap plastic guns are horrendous just by handling them in the store .... Then you really shouldn't even be buying one until you become more familiar with guns in general.

It's immediately obvious from first touch that the stock triggers in these guns are terrible, and difficult to shoot well with, and that's a huge detriment in an SD gun.

So now all the owners of Galloway trigger bar equipped guns can't trust them to function when it counts the most ... When your life depends on it. Might as well roll the dice .... Right ?

Or maybe just buy a better and probably more expensive gun with a decent trigger out of the box .... After all ... What's riding on the usefulness of the weapon ? Nothing too important .....

REV

Just get a shield or an xds. Triggers on those are quite decent right out of the box. Shields are pretty inexpensive.

modrifle3

Buckeye
rgburrill said:
Is there a S&W Shield 380? Or an XD 380? What do you know, there IS an LC380.
And thank you very much for the info on the Saints Arms kit. :D

Why put a sub caliber round in a package that easily handles a 9mm. Sorry but I spent a decent amount of time with the Sig 238 and very nice weapon but the .380 is really just not something I would ever need or carry. Reduced recoil is its only real advantage.

modrifle3

Buckeye
I did a full review of the LC9 and the trigger is most like a revolver. It stacks and feels like a .38 revolver. My conclusion after looking at the gun and the parts to "upgrade" this pistol is leave it alone. Why, because no company has done the R&D to prove these parts are reliably changing the geometry of the fire controls. You are redefining the design concept and changing what makes this and all double action only pistols as safe as they are. Also I dry fire every weapon I buy to see if I like the trigger. Most agree that you should buy a gun that feels right out of the box. xDS Shield G42 .... All have good triggers. The ole "what else is out there" arguement doesn't fly ... You just didn't do your home work. Very very few select highly specialized areas in the firearms world do not have competition.

groberts

Single-Sixer
modrifle3 said:
rgburrill said:
Is there a S&W Shield 380? Or an XD 380? What do you know, there IS an LC380.
And thank you very much for the info on the Saints Arms kit. :D

Why put a sub caliber round in a package that easily handles a 9mm. Sorry but I spent a decent amount of time with the Sig 238 and very nice weapon but the .380 is really just not something I would ever need or carry. Reduced recoil is its only real advantage.
You answered you own question. I tell you what, I'll take your 9mm if you will take my arthritic hands.

groberts

Single-Sixer
modrifle3 said:
I did a full review of the LC9 and the trigger is most like a revolver. It stacks and feels like a .38 revolver. My conclusion after looking at the gun and the parts to "upgrade" this pistol is leave it alone. Why, because no company has done the R&D to prove these parts are reliably changing the geometry of the fire controls. You are redefining the design concept and changing what makes this and all double action only pistols as safe as they are. Also I dry fire every weapon I buy to see if I like the trigger. Most agree that you should buy a gun that feels right out of the box. xDS Shield G42 .... All have good triggers. The ole "what else is out there" arguement doesn't fly ... You just didn't do your home work. Very very few select highly specialized areas in the firearms world do not have competition.
Must be nice to have a god complex and read others' minds.

modrifle3

Buckeye
rgburrill said:
modrifle3 said:
Must be nice to have a god complex and read others' minds.

Lol .... Truth hurts, but good arguement. :roll:

gunsbrad

Bearcat
What else is out there?

s&w shield and xd are larger. Largerer enough to matter.

I have an lcp for summer time pocket carry etc when nothing else will fit my particular clothing options. I don't like the pipsqueak caliber but it beats throwing rock.

I have the lc9 and with certain clothing options/carry situations I can pocket carry or IWB in places where the larger guns would not work, and it beats a .380 any day. I just can't do this with the shield/xd size guns.

Above the lc9 size there are any number of guns that are good reliable out of the box guns.

There are very few 9mm guns in this size range. The very few others are way more expensive.

When conditions allow I carry a .40 or .45.

The lc9 has a niche with its size/power that few other guns fit. If you can modify it successfully and get a better pull go for it. Just test the fool out of it before you carry with it. If your mods don't work out you can always reinstall the factory parts.

Brad Hurt

modrifle3

Buckeye
I agree the lc9 is a good little gun and the 9mm is about as small as I want to go.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
gunsbrad said:
What else is out there?

There are actually quite a few, the DB9 is a 9mm about the size of an LCP but a real bear to shoot. I got rid of mine and now have a Kahr CM9 which is smaller than an LC9 and overall a better gun. The price isn't bad either about the same as an LC9. I could go on but you are right about most 9mm that are smaller than an LC9 being a bit pricey. The Boberg shorty is a real nice gun and smaller then an LC9 also but you will shell out for it and the old Rohrberg 9mm is even more expensive but both are smaller than an LC9. That's four right there, want me to keep going?

Kahr has four 9mm pistols alone that are smaller than an LC9 and highly rated. My CM9 has been flawless and very shootable.

groberts

Single-Sixer
Cheesewhiz said:
gunsbrad said:
What else is out there?

There are actually quite a few, the DB9 is a 9mm about the size of an LCP but a real bear to shoot. I got rid of mine and now have a Kahr CM9 which is smaller than an LC9 and overall a better gun. The price isn't bad either about the same as an LC9. I could go on but you are right about most 9mm that are smaller than an LC9 being a bit pricey. The Boberg shorty is a real nice gun and smaller then an LC9 also but you will shell out for it and the old Rohrberg 9mm is even more expensive but both are smaller than an LC9. That's four right there, want me to keep going?

Kahr has four 9mm pistols alone that are smaller than an LC9 and highly rated. My CM9 has been flawless and very shootable.
HIJACK! Come on guys, this thread is about LC9/LC380 trigger kits. There are countless threads around on other available guns.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
groberts said:
HIJACK! Come on guys, this thread is about LC9/LC380 trigger kits. There are countless threads around on other available guns.

This thread was "HIJACKED" well before I posted.

...and how much of a hijack is it truly on my part? This is a thread on trigger kits for a pistol, a pistol that just about every other guy that owns one or is considering buying complains about the damn trigger. My post referenced someone asking what else is out there.

...and my answer is there are plenty, if you are willing to pay more to "fix" an LC9 or an LC380, maybe you are willing to buy another gun that comes with a trigger or some other feature or lack of feature that you would prefer.

You want to get a semi-auto that your wife can "rack"? Save your pennies and shell out for a Boberg 9mm. It is the easiest slide I have ever worked with by far. You want a better trigger? Get a Kahr or even a DB9 and they will also be smaller pistols than either of the LC's.

Just saying......

Latest posts