New Hogue Round Butt Redhawk Monogrip

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cmonti77

Single-Sixer
Hogue is now making rubber monogrips for round butt model Redhawks, available for pre-order:

https://www.hogueinc.com/ruger-redhawk-round-butt-rubber-monogrip-black

deac45

Single-Sixer
Wonder if they'll offer it in wood?

Anyone else notice the hammer pivot not seated in their photo?

Deac45

isaactc

Bearcat
I received an email from Hogue, yesterday. My pre-order is made and on its way. Arrival Tuesday, April 3rd. I think these will enable the use of heavier loadings with great comfort

CraigC

Hawkeye
isaactc said:
I think these will enable the use of heavier loadings with great comfort
Not for me! They get close with the Tamer version but they'd really have something if they eliminated the palm swell and made them a little thicker.

tinman

Buckeye
cmonti77 said:
Hogue is now making rubber monogrips for round butt model Redhawks, available for pre-order:

https://www.hogueinc.com/ruger-redhawk-round-butt-rubber-monogrip-black

Thank you sir, been waiting for someone to start making grips that will settle that beast down when using the really hot stuff......

BPGuy

Single-Sixer
Mine showed up yesterday. They're a bit tricky to install (I had to rassel with them a bit!), but they seem to fit well. Haven't had a chance to shoot it with them installed yet.

cmonti77

Single-Sixer
BPGuy said:
Mine showed up yesterday. They're a bit tricky to install (I had to rassel with them a bit!), but they seem to fit well. Haven't had a chance to shoot it with them installed yet.

Do these grips install with a stirrup and screw at the bottom of the grip frame, like the GP100 grips?

BPGuy

Single-Sixer
cmonti77 said:
BPGuy said:

Do these grips install with a stirrup and screw at the bottom of the grip frame, like the GP100 grips?

No. They supply a 2-piece grip locator "button" that snaps into the grip frame, and then you just shove the one-piece grip up onto the frame. It took some work (and a touch of lube) to get them on, but they seem to fit well. Not sure I'm going to enjoy removing and reinstalling them each time I clean the gun...