Need some help please BNV-455_IE / 45 magnum?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roland45acp

Bearcat
Hey all,
I need a litle help if you can, I am in the middle of listing this ruger for sale, but I have no idea what a "45 magnum" is.
I did some googling to no avail.
Any help?
Thanks to all who can,
Roland
Picture826.jpg

Picture825.jpg

G2

Hunter
That's funny, a factory miss-step there. :roll:

:idea: Ohhhh :shock: :shock: All scratched up, with gold and a miss printed label, it's got to be a rare collectors piece. :idea:

There is 45 WINCHESTER MAGNUM "45 WIN MAG" but that Vaquero is not that. :wink:

RugerHound

Hunter
That is an early version of the BNV-455-IE which were marked ".45 Magnum" . It's actually a .45 Colt, and there were ~1700 or so of this variety produced.

Nice gun!

roland45acp

Bearcat
thanks for the info RugerHound, You are very kind. I was hoping that you might find the time to help me out with the info.
G2,
The gun also has "45 mag" stamped on the other side of the frame, so its not just the box.
I will post it for sale in the forum for a few day before I list it on the gunauction site.
Thanks again Gentelmen,
Roland

G2

Hunter
roland45acp said:
G2,
The gun also has "45 mag" stamped on the other side of the frame, so its not just the box.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Any chance we could see a picture???

I would have thought the standard "45 CAL"

I have seen and held these guns, but have never noticed the "MAG" marking. Learn'd something today. :D

roland45acp

Bearcat
G2,
after taking a better look at the pics I have, I stand corrected. you are right, the frame is stamped 45 cal, NOT 45 MAG.
Thank you for the correction.
Roland

RugerHound

Hunter
roland45acp said:
thanks for the info RugerHound, You are very kind. I was hoping that you might find the time to help me out with the info.
G2,
I will post it for sale in the forum for a few day before I list it on the gunauction site.
Thanks again Gentelmen,
Roland

Roland,

Man you almost stumped the panel with that one! :) Box label mistakes are a lot more common than rollmark mistakes, but they do happen the odd time. Just usually not in a one-off situation.

roland45acp

Bearcat
Pete, All
Didnt mean to get any one excited,
I see that there were a lot of lookers in the forum for sale area, but no takers. I deleted the f/s post and of the the auction it goes.
thanks again everyone for all the help,
Sincerly,
Roland