Need quick help grip specs for OM LF super Blackhawk!!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

luvlaw

Bearcat
By the way, you said you had a few;

Care to share serial numbers?

Are these "known" of the 7 or so "known "?

Ruger1441

Blackhawk
:D Good luck on concentrating on long frames. Between Steveruger and myself we have kind of connered the market on them. Not sure as to the published numbers on the non eagle barrel guns.

luvlaw

Bearcat
Hahaha!

Good on ya!

At least I have my 2 then!

I would love to see pics of some of yours sometime!

Forget published numbers, between you and SteveRuger, how many are known (long frame, eagle less Rugers, and how many with the box?)

Ruger1441

Blackhawk
Steve has number 9 which is a white boxed gun and I have number 25 which came in
Black and red box with a numbered shipper that is stamped for a 6 1/2 inch super. Go figure. Other than those I believe all the rest have wood boxes. Between Steve and I we have well over 50 long frames.

luvlaw

Bearcat
Wow! Well over 50! Fantastic!

I am going to go hang myself now!

And you and Steve are how old?!!

Hahahaha!

Do you have contact information for your future estate executor?

Hahaha!

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey I get DIBBS to buy back all the LF's I have sold them first :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I only have one LF left.....#59....sold the first LF I owned #925 to a friend this year.....I think I still have a dozen or so SUPERS .....

Most of my GOOD ONES have ended up in UTAH :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: RR

To all those that have graciously given their Long Frame Supers to the John & Myself we say, Thank You!
But as of late no one has been stepping up with any more!
Tis the season for giving! So be generous! We will happy to send you my FFL & my address to send too...

BlackEye

Single-Sixer
SteveRuger said:
To all those that have graciously given their Long Frame Supers to the John & Myself we say, Thank You!
But as of late no one has been stepping up with any more!
Tis the season for giving! So be generous! We will happy to send you my FFL & my address to send too...

Well, it looks like there could be a new 'highest known s/n' :)

chet15

Hawkeye
One other little tidbit for the long grip frames is that I am positive these are the leftovers from a small run of grip frames that were cast for Ruger's prototype development...of which there was maybe only one made....and it would be on the .44 flattop frame probably somewhere around the 10xxx range.
The well-known pair of Super Blackhawk prototypes #15527 and 15528 have short grip frames on them.
I also know of a mint unused long grip frame that had never been attached to a gun, which has a narrow trigger slot, and further proof of prototype production.
Then there is another long frame example...I don't remember if it had ever been on a gun or not, or if it had a narrow trigger slot, but it had a ghost image of a five pointed star cast into each side of the "ears" located at the top of the grip frame. I'm not sure why the stars were put there, but they were perhaps stamped into the casting at those locations, maybe to mark it as a long frame(?), then ground off, leaving the ghost impressions. The stars were really easy to see because the grip frame had plum color to it, leaving the stars themselves darker in color. I think this grip frame might be in Fort Madison right now, but it came out of the Fred Nielson stuff I sold in about 1982 or so.
Chet15

Ruger1441

Blackhawk
Chad the mint unused long grip frame with the narrow trigger slot is now in UT. Another interesting thing is that the locater hole for the roll pin is in not in the right position to fit long frame grips. Looks like it would fit a standard grip.

mike722

Buckeye
Ruger1441 said:
Chad the mint unused long grip frame with the narrow trigger slot is now in UT. Another interesting thing is that the locater hole for the roll pin is in not in the right position to fit long frame grips. Looks like it would fit a standard grip.

yep, I saw that grip frame in Tulsa! it did go back home to Utah, sadly.. :)