My SR9C Needs a big brother.....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mrgaf

Single-Sixer
Looking really seriously at the SR45. What are ya thoughts on it. I got three 1911's (love em but are all "tuned") and an XD45 (which I don't like). Would carry the 45 while I'm out hunting..... :D

planetcat

Single-Sixer
I bought one about 6 months ago and really like it. Used it last hunting season as my sidearm. I also have an SR9c which I liked so much, it made me go and get the SR45. It feels very similar, shoots very accurately, and I've had no problems shooting a variety of factory loads and buffalo bore hard casts through it. It's a very reliable and comfortable gun to shoot. While it's not as heavy as most 1911's, it is a solid gun and reminds you it is polymer framed when you shoot it compared to a steel 1911 government model. We shot a kimber 1911 and my SR45 last weekend, but I'd say the Kimber was a little more pleasant to shoot due to the extra weight. If you like your SR9c, you will like your SR45 just as much. I'm still shocked when I think about how inexpensive it was compared to similar polymer pistols. If they made an SR45c, I would have gotten that instead of my HK USP .45 compact.

Blizzard

Bearcat
Me too!! My SR9c just got a big brother SR45 to replace my P345. So far I love this new gun!!

pjvrefugee

Single-Sixer
highly recommend one. might be my most accurate pistol, or at least the one I shoot the best. it will feed all my reloads, including LSWC. I carry the 40c because it hides better than a full size weapon, but if "conceal" is not an issue the SR45 just plain works.

I wasn't fond if the XD either, the frame/grip wasn't right. Glocks, hated the grip angle. My father in law has an SR9c. The grip feels great. And a buddies dad recently had issued to him and all his co-workers Smith's, New m&p .40s. Great grip!

Not a big fan of plastic guns mainly because nothing fit me. But the SR series by Ruger and the M&P series by S&W, both have given me new perspective. They are pointing the polymer pistol industry in the right direction.

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
Hang on here! What about a middle brother for the 9c to grow up with. The SR40c is a great shooter and those very stout recoil springs really eat up the 40SW recoil. :)

Ruger makes some wonderful guns that are really fun to shoot.