My newest Six series addition

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Got the heads up from IraIII (it was posted on another forum we frequent)- Thanks a lot Ira :D

A 4" Service Six marked as a Security Six. Got it for a very good price. I now have one in 2 3/4" and 4" don't know (need to research) if they made one in 6"

Terry T

Buckeye
Good score. Nice clean 'low back'.
By the way, all 'low back' fixed sight square butt guns were marked 'Security Six'. The 'Police Service Six' marking didn't come into use until the 'high back' frame at about ser. no. 151-000x. (there is some over lap of ser. no.).
Of course, we're always on the lookout for a low back marked with the service six logo or a high back marked with the security six logo. We have found about a doz. speed sixes marked with the service six logo.
It has been reported that a few (maybe a doz.) 6" fixed sight guns were made, we've not turned one up yet in this collector circle.
Terry T

Here's even another one I just got. Terry T and I discussed it and it may be one of the first guns in the transition from the low back to the high back Sixes. It is a high back with the s/n 150-94411. The right side markings are Police Service Six, not Security Six. The lowest number Chad had for this was 150-94446. And I got it for a good price.