My Compact out shoots my full size SR9's

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
Talegunner":2zmfwayh said:
pvoltmer":2zmfwayh said:
gatorhugger":2zmfwayh said:
Ok you had me till this part. A glock trigger is not stiff and long compared to any gun, certainly not an SR9. This is simply not true unless it's had some homemade modifications.
Are you sure he had a Glock?
You have described an inaccurate, jamming gun, with a long stiff trigger pull.
That is a hi point, not any Glock I have ever seen.

No BS here bro, serious statements. It jammed, and after i shot the first round i even said "this has a long trigger pull" and he even agreed that it was. I'm not sure which model he has for sure. Whether he cleaned it or not, I'm not sure. I didn't ask him. He just asked if i wanted to shoot and, who in the right mind would say no!! 8) My cousin said that it was the clip (i think it was aftermarket) that was causing the problems. Just telling ya what I saw.

I'm not downing the glock because my bro-in-law has one and I like it. and hasn't had a problem out of it.

I have owned at least a dozen Glock pistols since they first hit the shores..........From 9mm to .45......... Had two with reliability problems that could not be 100% found.......... 19 and a 36.....The 36 was an early model and had known problems that Glock was not too helpful to fix(do a search on G36 problems)..............Glock has also had BAD peening problems with some of the 40s&w pistols : http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1046771 .............I'm not "Glock Bashing" just don't like to see all this disbelief when somebody gets a bad Glock, I just don't buy all the "Glock Perfection" going around :lol: Hey they are man made & they will & do have problems...................an YES they are a EXCELLENT weapon & I still own a few !!! :D TG

I had no problem with him saying the gun jammed. Any gun can jam. The problem I had was the statement on the "stiff long trigger pull"
That ain't a glock, sorry. I don't care about grease, or whatever.
Glocks do not have longer stiffer trigger pulls than SR9's.
It is simply not true.
That is not being a Glock fanboy, that is just reality.

CBennett

Single-Sixer
My SR9 is as accurate as my Glock 23 was if not more so, It was about equal to the G lock 23 with the LW ported 9mm conversion barrel(which was better accuracy wise than the stock one)

Leucoandro

Single-Sixer
Friend of mine had a Glock 40 cal. I believe it was a G22 first Gen.

When I shot it, I remember thinking that the trigger pull was long. Thinking more about it, I do not think that it was really any longer than most other handguns. It seemed to lack feedback for the majority of the pull. I remember the trigger felt like a very long two stage trigger on a semi-auto rifle.

Charlie

pvoltmer

Bearcat
Leucoandro":23tqvltg said:
Friend of mine had a Glock 40 cal. I believe it was a G22 first Gen.

When I shot it, I remember thinking that the trigger pull was long. Thinking more about it, I do not think that it was really any longer than most other handguns. It seemed to lack feedback for the majority of the pull. I remember the trigger felt like a very long two stage trigger on a semi-auto rifle.

Charlie

Thats what this felt like. It was fairly stiff once you hit the point where it was getting ready to fire considering he just got it. maybe it'll lighten up.

Latest posts