Moving sale continues:

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Springfield owner/maintenance manual for SAR-8 (HK91 clone). The rifle, according to the Springfield factory this week) is non-repairable. I am trading it in to them on a M1A. This is a new book that I just ordered (actually ordered two by mistake) and paid $16 shipped for it (and $16 more for the other one if my order wasn't cancelled before they shipped it). If someone wants it, I'll take $10 shipped. I suppose the parts diagrams are very similar to, if not the same as, a HK91 since these were actually made using HK tooling.

Untitled by kentuckyyeti, on Flickr

***Sold***. Buyer said that Gerber would replace the sheath and multi tool at no charge. No idea if that's true but that's what he said. ***SOLD***

Gerber. Knife blade is broken off. Pictured. Other tools are in good condition. Bullnose pliers, file, Phillips, 2 flatheads, saw knife blade, lanyard ring, and bottle opener. Just the basic tools. Cost $50+ new. It ain't new. $24 shipped

trebor44 said:
Curious as to why it is 'non repairable: " The rifle, according to the Springfield factory this week) is non-repairable. I am trading it in to them on a M1A." Might want to check out HK Pro etc.

They actually didn't give me a detailed reason. I bought it as a parts rifle from an extremely reputable dealer on here, so all is good. He is an awesome seller. But it had the aluminum receiver (made in USA after the Bush import ban) and they are famous for cracking/warping. Before I did anything with it, I sent it to Springfield to be inspected, and that was the result. Wish it had been ok- it was an affordable version of the HK91. I was going to keep it and have it returned to use for parts in case I found another 91 variant, but they did offer me a decent credit towards a new M1A (still not sure if I will like it as I've never been around a M1A).

jdowney

Bearcat
At the risk of cluttering up a classifieds thread....

The barrel trunnion on those is famous for detaching from the aluminum receiver. What can be done is to get a new receiver and perhaps a cocking tube from PTR and have the rifle rebuilt around it.

I would say its worth listing the parts on a site like HKPro, or other forum where a lot of HK builders and enthusiasts hang out. An HK parts kit is currently very expensive. As far as I know, the Springfield rifles were built using demilled G3's, just like early PTR's and Century guns. If Springfield isn't giving you $500 in trade, you can almost certainly do better.

Wish I had been able to talk to y'all first. They just called and gave me the option of returning it as-is, or getting a $300 credit towards a new rifle. I had to make a decision. Seems like I made the wrong one money-wise.