MK 1 Bull barrel

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ftlupton

Single-Sixer
Have one that has been fired once(honest), have box and spare mag, how much would it be worth? Thanks.

kevin masten

Blackhawk
The value of your piece would hinge on when (year) it was manufactured. The older pieces , of which there are several small differences, can command somewhat higher prices than later manufactured pieces. The better your description and some photos would be a big help in ascertaining value. There are small serial numbers versus larger numbers. In short, a MKI is not just a MKI every time. And condition is absolutely a factor.

Trust this helps and does not contribute to any confusion.

contender

Ruger Guru
As noted,, condition, features, and the completeness of the package ALL affects value. You mention a box,, but what about the manual, the 3 piece warranty card, the shipper, the wax paper?
And as noted,, the serial number,, can give us a better idea of potential features (minor but important details,) or things that also affect value.
Pictures,, along with details are a must.

hittman

Staff member
Yep, need more info.

Serial number.
Condition of box.
What's box end label say?

Searching COMPLETED auctions on Gun Broker will show you what people are actually paying for them.

ftlupton

Single-Sixer
Gun dates to 1971 but have not figured out how to post a pic on here, probably simple as heck but have no trouble posting on other handgun sites. It does have the box but no paperwork.

kevin masten

Blackhawk
In a follow-up to your original post that I commented on: With your piece being dated to 1971, I can, with confidence, tell you there will not be a premium on it unless it is U. S. roll marked or some other unusual feature, other than the box without paper forms, wax wrap, etc. I presume no factory walnut TR grips. That price will vary in different areas of our Nation; Box will add, perhaps $50-75. In my area, that would Command a price around $500. The price will not be hard and fast; just a ,in the ball park, figure.

contender

Ruger Guru
Actually, a MKI from 1971, will be a digit prefixed gun, and w/o any special markings,, according to the RENE Guide,, will be worth about $320. A box will add about $50.
And as mentioned,, the devil is in the DETAILS.
US marked, "D" marked, or any other minor feature can add to the value. (Possibly a tapered bolt?) The serial number is part of the key in helping determine values. If a person is afraid of posting a serial,, you can still share enough of it to help. 11-123XXD is a way to do it. And as noted,, pictures,, posted using a picture hosting site,, help determine the condition.

ftlupton

Single-Sixer
Thanks to you all, about what I was thinking as far as value, may donate it to a grandkid anyway. Wife has the MKIV and I have a Buckmark with TS barrel. Both shoot great and the wife is truly a fine shot whatever she shoots.