Missouri no longer notifying CCW holders of renewal time

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BROKENBEAR

Single-Sixer
My local Sheriff's Department website advise to bring Dept. of Revenue renewal notice to the Sheriff Dept. along with your permit and ID to facilitate renewal ..
You have up to 60 days (I am told) to renew after expiration date ...
Yesterday my CCW permit expired so I called the Sheriff Dept to find out how to renew w/o the Dept of Revenue notice and I was told ..."Oh the Dept. of Revenue no longer sends notices" so just bring your old permit, ID and $50 and we will fix you up easily ..after 60 days of expiration I have no idea what the hoops are ..

So be advised to CYA

Bear

Since the CCW permit is now linked to the MO Driver's license, the dates are coincidental or so I was told.
There is no separate concealed carry permit for those who have a state drivers license. My 'CCP' expired in 2021 but still valid(I hope). Guess I need to check and verify.
Not necessary in state but required for out of state carry.

hittman

Staff member
IL always gives renewal notices … by email. One of the few govt systems that work very well.

I renewed mine on line 59 days ago and just not notice it's been approved again for 5 years.

Looks like I messed up. CCW expired and requires a start over plus lots of $$. Probably not going to jump through all those hoops at this point in life. Almost seems that the state had this in mind from the start.
My Constitutional carry is accepted by most of the places I might want/need to go anyway and if it's not, I just won't go there.

dannyd

Hunter
Florida does not send a reminder ether, I have it on my calendar.

The State is Torn between wanting your fee, but not wanting you to have the right.

It was definitely that way with the last person we had in charge of issuing permits.

In Tennessee, I have the option of a lifetime permit instead of 8 year terms. I'll gladly do that next year.
$65 for 8 years, $200 for lifetime. I'll live a long time and make it pay off!

Latest posts