Mini 14 folding stock Handle/Grip

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chubbo

Bearcat
Quite some time ago I broke the Grip/Handle of my mini 14 folding stock. Ruger wouldn't sell on to me, so, I decided to build one modeled after a 1911 pistol handle, as I like the 1911 a lot. I also wanted to use any of the many 1911 grips available. I drilled & tapped the handle and installed Cold grip bushings. The handle holds two spare .223 rounds. Here is the finished job.
on mu Mini 14.
Chubbo

Chubbo

Bearcat
Blackwolf, the plate was made and installed before the grip handle project was started a couple of years ago, It just covers a very plain unfinished looking place on the stock. Blume, I never gave the possability of a set of ruger 1911 grips with a Ruger emblem on them. I am sure going to find a set if available. thanks fore the replies everyone.
Chubbo

Chubbo

Bearcat
Here is the latest, and the end of modifacations to my mini 14. Thought I would try a couple of red dot lasier sights. Don't know if i will use them or not, but, thought I would build the mounts and try them.

Kyhunt

Single-Sixer
I like it.Can you still buy those wood folding stocks.Most of the aftermarket ones I have seen are synthetic.

Chubbo

Bearcat
Hunter,
I don't know if what you say about the folding stock is correct, as I bought the mini 14 with a full stock, and purchased the folding stock from a Ruger Dealer, out of pennslyvania, at a OCGCA gun show in Ohio. I have always believed that It was a Ruger stock, as it had a Ruger plastic handle. I still have the other full stock, the boxes that they came in, and possabily the paper work. I will dig out the pertinent stuff, and check to see if what you say is right. Does anyone else know about this matter? I have possibly made an ass of myself. I will also take, and post a picture of the handle that came with the stock. I would like to find out if that dealer put one over on me all these years ago.

Chubbo :oops:

Latest posts