Midway USA. 2019 Reloading Catalog

Help Support Ruger Forum:

veeman

Single-Sixer
Too bad Midways sales flyers suck. 20 years ago it was filled with reloading stuff, now very little in the way of reloading goodies.

RSIno1

Hunter
RoninPA said:
Got mine a couple days ago. Man! reloading equipment has come a long way since I started (1975).
I started in 1968 with one of these. Still have it. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012833230/lee-classic-loader

RSIno1 said:
RoninPA said:
Got mine a couple days ago. Man! reloading equipment has come a long way since I started (1975).
I started in 1968 with one of these. Still have it. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012833230/lee-classic-loader

That is what I started with also but in .357 Mag/.38 Spl. Would sit on my front porch in the evenings pounding away.

Then graduated to a RCBS Junior press and a 5-0-5 scale and a few other "goodies" and just upgraded when needed (and had the funds). Went to a progressive (Square Deal B) when I started shooting PPC (1989) because of the amount of ammo needed. Sold it just a couple years ago to an up and coming shooter/new(er) reloader who needed something to produce more rounds faster. Still have a single stage press (Lyman "Crusher") as there are still uses for a single stage.

contender

Ruger Guru
I got mine last week. But it wasn't until last night that I was able to thumb through it. Lots of stuff,,, yet,, many good items that advanced reloaders & others look for were absent.
Still a good reference catalog to have around.

375supermag

Blackhawk
Hi...
Interesting...
I order stuff from Midway online but never received a catalog.
My son who also orders from them online got a catalog in the mail last week.
He said he didn't want it because he buys online and doesn't need a catalog so I confiscated it yesterday.
Makes you wonder what you need to do to get a catalog... I couldn't see a place to order a catalog on their website.

tunnug

Single-Sixer
veeman said:
Too bad Midways sales flyers suck. 20 years ago it was filled with reloading stuff, now very little in the way of reloading goodies.

You're absolutely correct but this isn't the monthly flyer, this is an actual catalog with descriptions and prices, I didn't request one but most of my purchases involve reloading so I guess they figured I could use one.

veeman

Single-Sixer
I got one too, just commenting on how far the monthly flyer has fallen. Before the day of the internet, the Midway flyer was the greatest piece of mail ever!

mikld

Blackhawk
I got one too. Good expansive catalog.

Reloading equipment vendor's catalogs are a very good source of info for newer reloaders. I used a Herter's catalog to get started reloading (IIRC I bought a Lee Loader from them in '69), and other vendor's catalogs as I researched/compared tools and equipment as my reloading progressed. I understand advertising "spiel" and not overwhelmed by it so I was able to select tools that fit my needs, largely by using vendor's catalogs. Too bad the expense and on line "catalogs" have caused the demise of a good info source...

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
RSIno1 said:

Hi,

It's been eons since I've used it, but I still have the .38 Spl version that introduced me to metallic cartridge loading after many years of loading shotshells on an old MEC 250 machine. Not sure if it's still here or not...

Rick C

gster

Single-Sixer
RoninPA said:

Sure has, and I might add...so has the prices. Some no,.. most is way overpriced.
Got the catalog a few days ago.

pbslinger

Single-Sixer
RSIno1 said:
RoninPA said:

I bought my 357 Mag Lee Loader about 1977 as a poor college student at U of Mo in Columbia, MO from the gun shop that became Midway. I think lead 158 grain SWC were $4/100. Lots of hammering and a dose of Unique.