Mark II Receiver/Barrel to different grip frame

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
Can you swap barreled receivers between frames (with bolt from frame) and is there no special fitting required.

Does it act like a 10/22 with a barrel drop into the receiver so to speak?

Looking at picking up a second barreled receiver for my existing stainless grip frame and want to know if there will be any problems, or what to expect.

Has anyone out there done this. I now Volquartson (spelling?) sells a tensioned barrel/receiver without a bolt that you can put on your Ruger frame, so was wondering if this would work.

Thanks!

As far as I know it will work. I just put a new Tactical Solutions barrel/receiver on a pre-A100 frame and it works fine.

KnifeGuns021.jpg

KnifeGuns024.jpg

That's the Blue Titanium by Cerakote (but you already knew it was Cerakote :D )

When I got it it have a black krinkle finish on it that would scrape off with you fingernail (someone didn't know how to prepare a surface for painting). I tossed it in the ultrasonic bath and all the paint came off.

This is an old frame, the follower button for the magazine is on the right side instead of the left.

timnc

Single-Sixer
I switched the upper from a MKII 4 3/4' fixed sight blue with the upper from a MKII 22/45 5 1/4" stainless with no problems. Got lucky in that no "fitting" was required other than hand pressure. Function & accuracy unaffected.

Latest posts