Looking for shipping pal

Help Support Ruger Forum:

areslagae

Bearcat
Hi all,

I am looking for a shipping pal who will occasionally ship small parts to me for a small fee.

As some of you know, I am a firearms enthousiast living in Europe. Getting small parts to repair or restore firearms is difficult. Brownells does ship internationally, but a lot of parts are not available. Midway does not ship internationally, and recently closed down its stores in Europe (in fact, many of them are now affiliated with Brownells). Therefore, I am looking for a shipping pal who will occasionally ship small parts to me for a small fee (or for returning the favour in case you have similar issues with shipping from Europe to the USA). I prefer to deal with people who are active on the forum.

Please send me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks,

6gun

Hunter
There is a reason why business don't ship gun parts internationally, many of the gun parts are illegal to ship out of the country and the dealer or individuals could end up committing a federal crime or could be violating international gun trafficking laws or import laws for shipping a illegal part so to be on the safe side they don't ship anything, be very careful and do all your home work if you get involved with this, I wouldn't.

rimmer

Single-Sixer
6gun said:
There is a reason why business don't ship gun parts internationally, many of the gun parts are illegal to ship out of the country and the dealer or individuals could end up committing a federal crime or could be violating international gun trafficking laws or import laws for shipping a illegal part so to be on the safe side they don't ship anything, be very careful and do all your home work if you get involved with this, I wouldn't.

Have him contact the whitehouse. Obama will probably ship him the parts. He breaks a lot of laws all the time and nobody does anything to him.

6gun

Hunter
rimmer said:
6gun said:

Have him contact the whitehouse. Obama will probably ship him the parts. He breaks a lot of laws all the time and nobody does anything to him.

That's the honest truth for sure. :lol:

Tenbore

Single-Sixer
I have seen this same post , or one very similar on other forums awhile back. I don't remember if it is the same poster. Be very careful with this.

areslagae

Bearcat
Hi all,

I cannot blame you for being suspicious. Please allow me to clarify. I am only seeking some assistance with purchasing (new or used) small parts that are not available through Brownells and that are allowed to ship under the ITAR $100 exemption (see below). These are parts like screws, springs and grips, ... and not frames, cylinders and barrels.

Tenbore: I have not posted this before.

6gun: You're absolutely right. For most companies only the domestic market matters, and because of the added complexity, most companies except the largest ones (Brownells and Numrich) simply choose to not ship abroad.

--

* ITAR $100 exemption:
§123.17 Exports of firearms, ammunition, and personal protective gear.
(a) Except as provided in §126.1 of this subchapter, Port Directors of U.S. Customs and Border Protection shall permit the export without a license of components and parts for Category I(a) firearms, except barrels, cylinders, receivers (frames) or complete breech mechanisms when the total value does not exceed $100 wholesale in any transaction.
http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulati...R_Part_123.pdf

* Numrich information
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Foreign-Orders.htm

* Brownells information
See "restrictions", which for these parts typically contains "Gun Parts totaling $100 or more may not be shipped outside the United States without proper export licensing."

mohavesam

Hawkeye
ITAR Administrator here... ITAR does not apply to individual US Citizens who are not acting for a business.
Hobbyists are not affected. The important part is ensuring the recipient does not have a criminal record, which is an offense.

areslagae

Bearcat
Hi all,

Thanks for your input on this complex matter.

Please note that my question is about parts that are currently being shipped internationally by Brownells and Numrich (springs, pins, grips, ...). If there are differences between professional and nonprofessional sellers please do let me know. I do not want the sender/seller to break the law.

Latest posts