Looking for a pancake holster for SR9c

Help Support Ruger Forum:

markrb

Bearcat
I have a Fobus paddle holster now and for the most part I really like it.
The one thing I don't like is that it sticks out a little too much for me.
I also am not a fan of IWB holsters. Just personal preference.
I work with a former gunsmith that has been out of the game for awhile and suggested I look into a pancake holster as a properly designed one will stay tighter to the body with a good draw angle.
One thing I really liked about the Fobus is that it was relatively cheap.
Are there any good inexpensive pancake holsters for the SR9c around?

Thanks,
Mark

ShannonNVA

Bearcat
i don't have one of these, but I found pancake's here (and I'm getting hungry now!)

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Pancake-Holster,787,137.htm

I think that size 5 is correct for the Sr9c, but I may be wrong.

I've seen some nice leather ones, but you are not going to get one of those for $30.

If you find one you like be sure to re-post to this topic.

freedomcosts

Single-Sixer
I have looked for several months now, trying to find either a pancake or belt holster (both owb) that isn't over $60, it's about impossible (if you want quality and I want a good-lookin' one too). Since I have a CB ST I may end up with the owb from Crossbreed, it's a kydex on leather belt holster- maybe he'll give me a break, since I own one, and may end up buying another ST for a different pistol. Good luck, and if you find a cheap(er) one do let us know.

Idaho Spud

Bearcat
They're not exactly cheap, but when you shoot lefty there ain't many options, so I bit the bullet and bought a Mitch Rosen (from shopruger.com)for each of my pistols, an SR9c and an SR40. It hurts a little, but you won't be disappointed. Carries fairly high and close to the body. If you do, make sure you get the one expressly for the SR9c. They have a generic one they sell for SR40, SR9 & SR9c. It's too long, IMO for comfy carry with the SR9c...OK for range use, though.

Idaho Spud

Bearcat
Nothing like a leather holster in which the gun fits perfectly. The same holster from the MR company is @ $130 or so bucks. So it's not that bad a deal.

Hitides

Bearcat
Simms65 said:
Might want to check out a Cuda from Simply Rugged. I carry my SR9 or SR9c in one as EDC.

+1
My SR9 & SR9c both carry great with the Simply Rugged Cuda.

A

Anonymous

re: Idagospud, didn't think of it that way, being a deal, maybe I just need to bite the bullet and order one.
Also for the OP, have you looked at these? Not leather, but only $22.95- scroll down a little.

http://www.concealmentconceptsholsters.com/

wingman

Single-Sixer
Not sure what a pancake holster is? Here is a belt holster in leather from Winthrop Holsters on eBay for the SR9c. Its shown in right-hand but they also have it in left-hand model if you request it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180700165632?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I just ordered the Fobus for my SR9c... does the Fobus damage the finish on the SR9c? I read somewhere that it will rub the finish off the trigger guard, is that true?

ShannonNVA

Bearcat
jeffadaklin said:
Also for the OP, have you looked at these? Not leather, but only $22.95- scroll down a little.

http://www.concealmentconceptsholsters.com/

Nothing personally about the folks at Concealment Concepts, but I've posted a question via their web page, I've e-mailed and I've called them. I've got no responses. I would be hesitant to order something from them, at least right now. If I do get a response I will be sure to post back to this so that I can correct this statement.

A

Anonymous

Didn't mean to imply quality of product or service, only that I saw it was available. I have the Fobus paddle for my 9c, but rarely use it- seems to move around too much for me, same with the Blackhawk IWB holsters- the cheaper ones. That's why I want a regular OWB- belt holster- maybe other paddles are fine, but the Fobus doesn't impress me at all.

Gizmo42

Single-Sixer
If it helps any, I have a Ross IWB holster for a Glock 26 that the SR9c fits in perfectly. So if you find one you can try that you like that fits a Glock 26 it will probably fit just right.

rickerb23

Bearcat
Anybody checked out http://www.ravenconcealmentsystems.com/ yet? I really like the look and modularity of these. I also can't seem to turn on the TV with all the "tac" shows and not see one. It's like a kydex pancake!
There's no option for an SR9c but it does list one for and SR9. I'm sure they'd be able to make one if somebody shot them an email.

Latest posts