Looking for a .38-40 (.38 WCF) Revolver

Help Support Ruger Forum:

METerry

Bearcat
I have a friend who stumbled on a 1894 Marlin in .38-40 and despite my convincing argument that he should pass and let me purchase it, he took it home. He now would like to have a revolver using the same cartridge and again, he's ignored my advice to buy a first generation Colt. It appears that Ruger is no longer producing the "Buckeye" convertibles (in this case, a .38-40 and 10mm cylinder) and they seem scarce.

I'd be interested in hearing of any Buckeye .38-40 / 10mm anyone runs across at a reasonable price.

Thanks,

VanCamp53 had a pair of Buckeyes on here just before Christmas, for $1500.
He didn't want to separate, but maybe you could change his mind. Or, for that price, buy them both, and sell the .32!

Glupy

Blackhawk
Kuna, Idaho - a sparkling jewel in a park-like set
There was a lot of good discussion some time ago.
No guns listed for sale but it is still interesting.

I have one and they are cool.
I like loading a black powder substitute and pretending it is 1879.

Sancho

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=67936&highlight=3840

CraigC

Hawkeye
IMHO, unless you're gonna hot rod it, the Buckeye is too much sixgun for the cartridge. I love mine dearly but it doesn't exactly pair with a Winchester 1873 just right. For something with a little more 19th century flair, Dixie Gun Works carries SAA and Bisley Uberti replicas in .38-40 in all barrel lengths. Even at standard pressures, you can launch a 180gr at 1200fps.

gunslinger_h

Blackhawk
Howdy. I have a Cimarron in 38-40 from Texas Jacks in Fredericksburg, Tx. It is a replica of the Colt SAA and is in mint condition last time I looked at it. Send a PM if you are interested and we can discuss price and I will e-mail a couple of pics to you. I am not sure, but still might have the box for it. No promises though. I am going to give it a search if you want to deal. Be well, Hank

METerry

Bearcat
Thanks to all who have responded. My friend has acquired a convertible (thanks Rainman) locally from a forum member and seems genuinely pleased. He has contacted several others and who knows, he may acquire another or two. I warned him it was a slippery slope.....

He's already talking about custom grips/stocks and I've suggested he start thinking about leather, hats, spurs, and horses. Or at least leather.

Thanks again