Looking for a 10/22 trigger job!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Pinecone

Blackhawk
James, There have been a lot of posts on 10/22 trigger work here. Midway sells a basically "drop-in" kit (Power Custom Non-Adjustable) that will give you a very good 2.5 to 3.5 trigger pull. It includes a new hammer, sear and associated springs and pins. The factory trigger is retained. Most of these drop right in although on rare occasions, the safety has to be slightly tweaked. You can do this yourself with the accompanying instructions with the kit. It is Midway # 181-454.....................Dick :wink:

Wee Hooker

Bearcat
There are several venders on Gunbroker that advertize trigger jobs for anywhere from $30 to $80. No experience but they seem to have good feedback. That said, I've had good results, multiple times with teh drop in Volquartzen hammer kit (without the sear).

Wee Hooker

Bearcat
There are several venders on Gunbroker that advertize trigger jobs for anywhere from $30 to $80. No experience but they seem to have good feedback. That said, I've had good results, multiple times with teh drop in Volquartzen hammer kit (without the sear).

btrumanj

Single-Sixer
You might want to check this out from Brownells.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/lid=13628/GunTechdetail/Brownells_DIY_Power_Custom_10_22_Trigger_Upgrade_Kit_Installation

LCShively

Bearcat
Hi James,

I used the Power Custom RUGER® 10/22® Pre-Travel Adjustable Hammer & Sear Kit, a Wolff Reduced Power 10/22 Spring kit, TriggerShims.com standard Stainless Steel Shim Kit, and finished off with a Power Custom Aluminum Trigger on my 10/22T, ended up with a trigger pull that is very consistent at 1 lb 12 ozs.

All parts are easy to install for anybody using easy to follow instructions, and I think, IMHO, as good as any professional trigger job available.

A couple other items worth the money and worth mentioning are the Power Custom Stainless Steel Competition
Recoil Spring Guide, so smooth it makes the original guide rod feel like it was a piece of gritty sand paper, and a Tuffer Buffer recoil buffer.

All these parts are available through Brownells.com, except the TriggerShims.com Brand Shim Kit, I manufacture and sell those, and I would be happy to send you one for free if you would like one. (send a e-mail with your address), no strings attached.

Good Shooting, Lance

BlkHawk73

Hunter
It all depends on what you want. You want something better than factory, something at the very top of the ladder or something in the middle. I really believe most would be more than happy with just a simple change of the hammer. It'll make the trigger feel better and do so with the biggest concern for most, a low price. Most just want a lighter feel and have little to no concern for pre-travel, over-travel, creep, take-up and all the other aspects.
Having gone with various DIY kits, top rated rebuilds and complete aftermarket assemblies, there are differences in the choices and where on the ladder each is. In general you'll get what you pay for but not always. Often you pay for the name. Other parts are more comfort food than anything the shooter will really need or notice the effects of.