Look what I bought myself for Christmas!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

slowpoke

Single-Sixer
After years of putting it off and saying I'm going to do it, I finally bought myself a reloading kit! I have reloaded on a friends bench, so I'm not totally noob, but I really am excited to get started. I bought 45Colt dies to start with. My friend really tried to get me to buy the Hornady L&L progresive, but I wanted to start slow and go through the learning process. Also, I had 150 bucks worth of Cabelas gift cards, a $20 Cabelas discount, and RCBS is giving a $50 rebate right now, so I practicaly got the thing for free!
DSCN0312.jpg

You did very well, I have a rockchucker I got in 72 still going strong. In my opinion a single stag press is what you want to learn on. Makes you take your time and you can study every stag of reloading. Enjoy my friend ps

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
PERFECT. You will no doubt be using every part of that kit for years to come. Starting with 45 colt is going to save you a lot of money and let you make many different types of loads for your enjoyment. :D :D

...Jimbo

bigchillymn

Bearcat
Nice choice, I started on the same thing, and over the years, have added a few things, made a few small changes, but have never wanted for anything more. After many thousands of rounds the RCBS is still going strong. Enjoy

contender

Ruger Guru
An excellent choice of a self bought Christmas present. Now,, get serious & add a few reloading manuels to the stuff,, and start reading a lot.

Wow! That has it all! First class way to start reloading. The same press I started with a lot of years ago. Still have and use the RC for loading some rifle ammo.

Dennis.

Big Ol Boy

Bearcat
Bad thing is you may lose weight loading. I would stay up all night loading drinking coffee but would not stop to eat!! I guess that can be a good thing. ENJOY!!!

Rclark

Hunter
Your on your way! I've a friend that has one and he likes it. Mine is a Hornady Pacific single stage press. Enjoy!!

slowpoke

Single-Sixer
Thanks guys. Geez, this could get as bad as my Single Six habit. I already ordered a Hornady 8th Edition, a case trimmer, trickler, bullet puller, and a...couple other things I can't even remember! Then went down to the local hang-out and bought some lead, primers, and powder. Good thing I convinced the misses how much money we're gonna save rollin our own! OK, gotta go, I think my credit card has cooled down enough to get back on the MidwayUSA site. :D

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
slowpoke said:
Thanks guys. Geez, this could get as bad as my Single Six habit. I already ordered a Hornady 8th Edition, a case trimmer, trickler, bullet puller, and a...couple other things I can't even remember! Then went down to the local hang-out and bought some lead, primers, and powder. Good thing I convinced the misses how much money we're gonna save rollin our own! OK, gotta go, I think my credit card has cooled down enough to get back on the MidwayUSA site. :D

You're not gonna save anything!!! You'll just shoot more!!! :wink:

slowpoke

Single-Sixer
Ruger Packer said:
slowpoke said:

You're not gonna save anything!!! You'll just shoot more!!! :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hammerdown77

Blackhawk
Yep, the idea that you will "save money" by reloading is a myth!

I started out doing it for that reason, to "save money", but quickly found that I simply enjoyed reloading. Working up loads, testing them, trying new powders and bullets, etc.

Now, people will ask me "So how much less is a box of your reloaded ammo vs. a box of factory?" To which I reply, "I don't really know any more, because I don't really care." That always brings the strangest looks, because they just don't get it.