Lipseys MK4BL?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Al James

Hunter
Happy 4th everyone! I just picked up a NIB Lipseys MK4BL, its got the fat rosewood grips and the ghetto fabulous gold trigger. It did not come with the Green box but instead with a regular gray Ruger box. It matches the gun as far as the numbers go though. So my question is: Did only some or did most of the lipseys MKII's come in the green boxes? Also does anyone have a source for how many of these were made?

chet15

Hawkeye
Al James":11w538lo said:
Happy 4th everyone! I just picked up a NIB Lipseys MK4BL, its got the fat rosewood grips and the ghetto fabulous gold trigger. It did not come with the Green box but instead with a regular gray Ruger box. It matches the gun as far as the numbers go though. So my question is: Did only some or did most of the lipseys MKII's come in the green boxes? Also does anyone have a source for how many of these were made?

Here's what I have on that one from the reference:

MK4BL (Ruger model 0138) Special Distributor model. Features gold anodized trigger and thick, smooth rosewood laminated grip panels with red background silver eagle medallions in both grip panels and both magazines. Known s/n range 223-76500 to 223-89198. A total of 2,457 shipped from 2000 to 2003 to Lipsey's (LA).

Chet15

Al James

Hunter
Perfect! Thanks Chet15 you have been a big help the last couple of weeks. So do it think its worth leaving unfired in the box? I have other 22's to shoot and if it is that rare I may just leave it NIB. What do you think? I like the feel and balance of it thats for sure so I may have to find a shooter 4" too if I decide to leave it unfired. Thanks again!

chet15

Hawkeye
If you want, I'd probably go ahead and shoot it. If taken care of it will look fine if you ever decide to sell anyway.
There aren't as many .22 auto collectors as there are SA collectors, so there really aren't too many people looking for such model variations. And with over 2,400 of that one being made, there just aren't enough folks out there to take out the slack enough to give a significant premium to that one.
J.M.O. of course.
Chet15

chet15

Hawkeye
Arizona Gunner":2w0e5sfs said:
I just took the plunge on a SS Lipsey's 4 incher, green box etc... Ruger guru, do you have any idea of how many of those there were?

Are you speaking of a Mark II or Mark III? Fixed sights or adj?
Chet15

chet15

Hawkeye
Arizona Gunner":2y284qbf said:
I just took the plunge on a SS Lipsey's 4 incher, green box etc... Ruger guru, do you have any idea of how many of those there were?

Here's all I have on that one. Ruger's listing that came out about a year ago didn't include that one. But, it must be pretty scarce as I've only had one reported so far. Please PM me your sn on that one so I can add it to the reference.

KMK4-BL (Ruger model 0198) Special Distributor model. Features a gold anodized trigger and smooth rosewood grips. Known s/n 223-89529. Unknown quantity produced in 2003 for Lipsey's (LA).
Chet15

chet15

Hawkeye
Arizona Gunner":253zhm09 said:
This is MK II, adjustable sights. When I pick up from my FFL I will be glad to PM the serial number for your list.

Thanks AG...yes, the KMK4-BL was Ruger's bull barreled version of the stainless Target model with adj. sights. Lipseys had the gold anodized trigger added by Ruger.
Chad

Al James

Hunter
Well I decided to sell this gun on Gunbroker. I never did fire it. There is a link to it in the auction link section.