KBRN-455W Blackhawk Bisley Questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

NewportNewsMike

Single-Sixer
I have recently listed a Stainless Steel Bisley Blackhawk in the classifieds here.

I KNOW that it is a 2002 / 2003 Model 0470 – the envelope is dated Jan 2003.

I THINK it was a Distributor Exclusive item. Maybe from Williams Shooters Supply.

The current Ruger Website lists Model 0470 / KBRN-455W and Model 0472 / KBRN-455WX (45 ACP extra cylinder) as a current Williams Shooters Supply Distributor Exclusive.

Were the Stainless Bisley 45's ever a standard catalogued item or have they always been a Distributor Exclusive item?

As a Distributor Exclusive model, has it always been a Williams Shooters Supply item, or has Lipseys or someone else had them for sale?

Thanks.
BisleyOverall-114_zps54ae57b2.jpg

gmartinnc

Blackhawk
I don't have the answer to what you ask, but do have a question. I saw in the ad that you had the throats opened up. Did that help anything?

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Originally they were exclusive to Acusport. Later one they became exclusive to Williams'. I do believe the runs for Williams' had the black laminate grips.

hittman

Staff member
I think for a short while they were also a regular production item too. There's a couple of the Williams guns in town here. The "black" grips look green to me. I've shot them with both the LC and ACP rounds. They handle very well.

RENE may have more info.

NewportNewsMike

Single-Sixer
gmartinnc said:
I don't have the answer to what you ask, but do have a question. I saw in the ad that you had the throats opened up. Did that help anything?

Most definitely - I have reamed tight cylinder throats on three different 45 caliber Blackhawks. All three of them showed an improvement in group size and reduced leading.

It (tight cylinder throats) is something that I would check for on every revolver that I acquire. It is an easy fix, and even if it does not cause a great improvement, it never seems to do anything negative.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
hittman said:
I think for a short while they were also a regular production item too. There's a couple of the Williams guns in town here. The "black" grips look green to me. I've shot them with both the LC and ACP rounds. They handle very well.

RENE may have more info.

Nope, never a reg production model - always a distributor model. The grip color all dependant on the dye process and how well the dye permeates the veneers.

hittman

Staff member
Stainless Bisley Blackhawks, Serial Number & Casing Date

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=28061