Just purchased a NIB KP345D, can you help answer a few???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

2ndamd

Bearcat
Today I just purchased a NIB P345D. It is the SS model with a Decock only. I cleaned it at the range and put 100 rounds through it. I was suprised as to its accuracy. I will put another 200-300 rounds through it before I shoot it for groups at 25 yrds. Today, I shot it at 15 yrds max, and closer. Easy to get sub 3 inch groups shooting it off hand and unsupported.

My buddy brought his Kimber SIS and we had some fun. I like these big 45 holes that are in the target.

Thanks to everyone here for their recommendation of this fine gun. For a $400 gun it is a steal as long as its durability stands up to the test of time and ammo.

Is there any good links on how to remove the mag safety ...er I mean "clean the rear sight"?

What size Allen wrench do you use to remove the rear sight set screw?

I will goto Youtube to search for this information as well but, thought someone might know off the top of their head.

Thank you
2ndamd

bowfita

Bearcat
From Ruger's FAQ:

"How do I adjust a Ruger P-Series rear sight?

Adjustment can be made by the use of a 5/64" allen wrench to loosen the lock screw then drifting the sight in the appropriate direction. "

From reading previous posts on the subject, I would be careful backing out the allen screw too far. Apparently the spring that is under the screw can get into the space left by backing out the bolt more than say, level with the slide, and when you move the sight the spring can be bent/broken.

2ndamd

Bearcat
bowfita said:
From Ruger's FAQ:

"How do I adjust a Ruger P-Series rear sight?

Adjustment can be made by the use of a 5/64" allen wrench to loosen the lock screw then drifting the sight in the appropriate direction. "

From reading previous posts on the subject, I would be careful backing out the allen screw too far. Apparently the spring that is under the screw can get into the space left by backing out the bolt more than say, level with the slide, and when you move the sight the spring can be bent/broken.

Thanks for the info and the tip on the screw spring relationship!

I will probably "clean" my rear sight this weekend. :D

Latest posts