Just bought a Walther PPK/S

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dondavis3

Bearcat
@ blume357

I'm not Ericansuebee either

But my Walther PPK trigger pull is just fine.

It's a double/ single action trigger so the double action is harder than the single action.

But both are very easy for me.

imho

8)

EYEMAN

Bearcat
BOCOTEGRIPS009.jpg

This PPK/S recently followed me home and it is a welcome member of my firearms family. The only problem I had with it were the sharp edges on the grip portion of the frame. I solved the problem by making a set of Bocote finger groove grips that extend to the edges and now it is very comfortable.

Knuckles

Buckeye
I wanted a Walther for the longest time... when I finally got one a few years ago I was very disappointed in the out of the box performance.

It was Ssssssssssssssssstiiiiiiiiiiiffffffff!... double action was hideous, and single was where double should have been pound-wise.
Mine cut me while I was cleaning it... the slide was sharp as a Kershaw knife.

I patiently put a couple boxes through it... having to help it feed about every 5-rounds... but I could tell both the trigger and feeding issues were gradually smoothing out.

With all that said... I still want to get another one... I think when carrying mine I could feel my testosterone level increasing... (I'm Bud!... James Bud!)

Built like the Mackinac Bridge!

Picture141.jpg

Spike12

Bearcat
I have a PPK/S in blue that was built around 1966-68. My dad was a pilot for UAL and there was talk of arming the pilots as hi-jacking was just beginning. There maybe 400 rounds though it by now.

It sits in the bank safety box with all its papers, box, rod, etc in 99% condition with 200 rounds of self defense 380.

But in all honesty, I prefer to shoot my P230.

I'm a fan of the Sig 230/232 way over the Walther... with that said my Walther has its place. you can carry it comfortable in an ankle holster or pocket....

Of course if you ever shoot it in a hurry the authorities will not have to do a paraffin test on your hand... just look at the top side and they will see the 'track marks' from the slide.

Snake45

Hawkeye
Anthony Williams said:
EricandSuebee,

Just curious, but what is the trigger pull like on your PP/K? I've heard they were on the heavy side.

A.W.
I have an older PP and an older PPK and the DA pull on both is horrendous. You wouldn't want to try to be actually hitting anything at more than contact distance with either one DA.

The SA pulls on both, however, are very shootable. Not as good as a good 1911, but not bad at all.