Just bought a Walther PPK/S

Help Support Ruger Forum:

leejack

Single-Sixer
Congrats Eric!

But I must say; a P90, G19, P345, a 380, possibly a PT92 and now a PPK all in a month's time? WOW!

I can't keep up. Can't wait to see what's next!

Congratulations! :D

Lee

EricandSuebee

Single-Sixer
leejack":25he8uz8 said:
Congrats Eric!

But I must say; a P90, G19, P345, a 380, possibly a PT92 and now a PPK all in a month's time? WOW!

I can't keep up. Can't wait to see what's next!

Congratulations! :D

Lee

I sold the G19, sold the BT380, decided to hold off on the P90, P345 & PT92 and just get my PPK/S instead.

leejack

Single-Sixer
I am happy for you!

Post up a pic when you can! I think Walthers are way cool!

Best wishes :wink:

Lee

EricandSuebee

Single-Sixer
ArmedinAZ":ksqx3xpj said:
Maybe it's time to quit playing musical guns, get a bunch of ammo and practice your sig line :wink:

"Aim small, miss small"

Hehe I know what you mean, I have found "the" gun. Here is a couple pics.

DSCN0346.jpg

DSCN0347.jpg

Mike J

Hunter
That is a nice looking gun Eric. I would agree with Armed though. Take some time & get to know it. Learn to shoot it well. The indian is more important than the arrow.

Rix86

Bearcat
Looks just like mine :)

I almost got rid of mine due to some failure-to-fires.
But i got it straightened out, now I think I'll keep it.

ndcowboy

Blackhawk
About a month ago I picked up a 1943 Walther PP in 32 acp. Lots and lots of fun. Wish it was an original PPK, but from what I understand, the originals can't be imported because of the 60's gun control junk. Anyway, congrats on the PPK. Now you need to find a tuxedo, a little two door convertible, and a martini - shaken not stirred, of course.

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
A long time ago, I bought one of these as a backup for my cop son-in-law. He still has it...very nice gun.
Sonnytoo

bub

Single-Sixer
Very nice. I keep pondering buying a stainless PPK for backup/off duty use. I just LOVE the classic lines of the PPK and, with current ammo, .380 is supposed to lose little to a good .38 or 9mm hollow point, especially out of a short barrel. My trouble is, every time I think about buying the PPK, I think that you can buy a similar sized or smaller gun in 9mm that has a locked breech and will likely recoil less, will likely be more reliable and less likely to draw blood when fired. Also, .380 would be another caliber I'd have to stock and reload for. Decisions, decisions! I still think that the PPK is one SEXY gun, though!

Bub

EricandSuebee

Single-Sixer
bub":1nhyxr68 said:
Very nice. I keep pondering buying a stainless PPK for backup/off duty use. I just LOVE the classic lines of the PPK and, with current ammo, .380 is supposed to lose little to a good .38 or 9mm hollow point, especially out of a short barrel. My trouble is, every time I think about buying the PPK, I think that you can buy a similar sized or smaller gun in 9mm that has a locked breech and will likely recoil less, will likely be more reliable and less likely to draw blood when fired. Also, .380 would be another caliber I'd have to stock and reload for. Decisions, decisions! I still think that the PPK is one SEXY gun, though!

Bub

I find the .380 recoil very easy to manage. You are correct that with current offerings in .380 ammo are very close to .38 & 9mm in performance. 380 is so well used in Europe that some military and police forces are issued that as a standard sidearm so they can't be all that bad.

45flattop

Single-Sixer
Looks like one of mine too, when mine was made Walther had a plant
in Alabama I believe that made the stainless models here so as to avoid
the ridiculous GCA point system on guns not manufactured here and the
even higher import and excise tax fees. Something happened to Walther
and the plant then closed, sadly, since the quality control was so good
I heard that Walther exported the Alabama manufactured models all
over the world. Then Sorry&Weak got hold of the rights somehow
and the offerings were pure shinola. :(

EricandSuebee

Single-Sixer
Yeah I've heard mixed reviews of the S&W versions, but I think I found a gem in the pile. After firing I will see if I still keep that statement :)

owsi26

Bearcat
I bought a Walther PPS .40 a year ago. It is a nice pistol too. For a .40 and two extra magazines, I honestly don't feel the weight at all. I'm sure part of that is using a belt designed for carrying handguns - it does make a difference.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
I too have a PPS, and have my suspicions about the relationship between Walther and S&W. It certainly seems to be pretty one sided, in the direction of S&W. Just try to get PPS parts from them. PPK should be a little better since it's been around longer.

-- Sam