Is there a new 9mm Ruger carbine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

5Wire

Single-Sixer
https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html
top.jpg

mike7mm08

Buckeye
The 40 is not the darling it once was. With advances in 9mm bullets the 40 is quickly falling out of favor. That said I am hoping they skip the 40 and do 45. I would really really like them to go 10mm. Be a great companion to my glock 40.

deadduck357

Single-Sixer
Awesome! Didn't see or read it mentioned whether it has last round bolt hold open feature ?? My sub2000 doesn't either so it's not a deal breaker but just curious.

Pps1980

Single-Sixer
And its both a Take-Down like the 10/22 and its threaded! Very nice set of features.

3303479A-14B2-4D4A-A0B6-4159DD731AC5-660x453.jpeg

They need to fit it for Sig 226 mags and I would be interested.. or possibly even fall back on the P series and I might buy it just for it's take down feature.... then again, I have something better than a take down.... I have an original PC9 with folding stock.

I wonder if this new one comes with the 14lb trigger like the originals?

mike7mm08 said:
The 40 is not the darling it once was. With advances in 9mm bullets the 40 is quickly falling out of favor. That said I am hoping they skip the 40 and do 45. I would really really like them to go 10mm. Be a great companion to my glock 40.

I agree on all counts. :D. BUT, still not gonna buy one until I don't like the Sub2000 anymore..... :wink:

Pps1980

Single-Sixer
blume357 said:
They need to fit it for Sig 226 mags and I would be interested.. or possibly even fall back on the P series and I might buy it just for it's take down feature.... then again, I have something better than a take down.... I have an original PC9 with folding stock.

I wonder if this new one comes with the 14lb trigger like the originals?

Given that it already has 3 magazine adapters and isn't even available for sale yet, how long do you think it will take Ruger or after-market parts makers to develop a variety of other adapters for it?

The take-down appears in the video to be the 10/22 take down mechanism so its pretty slick. Also, they mention that the trigger is similar to the 10/22 trigger. "Light, crisp trigger pull with minimal overtravel and positive reset utilizing proven 10/22® trigger components." So, I doubt its going to be a 14lbs trigger. I wonder if it will simply take the upgraded trigger assembly for the 10/22?

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Takes Glock mags? Sign me up, I'm going to call the fun store about ordering one!! Thank you Ruger for not creating another obscure/fits nothing else magazine to go with it.

Razor

Bearcat
WAYNO said:
Razor said:
And dang it, the value of my old PC9GR just took a nosedive, didn't it? :? :wink:

As did mine, as well as my KelTec Sub 2000. :mrgreen:

Same here, I have a Beretta grip S2k. And a HiPoint just waiting for that new HTA bullpup stock.
Y'know, weren't Pistol Caliber carbines falling out of favor a few years ago? Now we have Scorpions, EVOs, SUB2000 Gen 2, a new PC9....what's up with that?

I'm also wondering if Ruger got wind of Glock finally making a carbine and did this to beat them to the punch.

Trooper Joe

Single-Sixer
deadduck357 said:
Awesome! Didn't see or read it mentioned whether it has last round bolt hold open feature ?? My sub2000 doesn't either so it's not a deal breaker but just curious.
Yes it does have a last round hold open. It is mentioned in the GunBlast review.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Razor said:
Y'know, weren't Pistol Caliber carbines falling out of favor a few years ago? Now we have Scorpions, EVOs, SUB2000 Gen 2, a new PC9....what's up with that?
Apparently USPSA and some other speed shooting disciplines have established a Pistol Caliber Carbine classification and that seems to be the incentive. I've seen them used at several Steel Challenge and falling plate matches too.

Pps1980

Single-Sixer
There's a good video of it being tested out... Shooting the NEW Ruger 9mm PC Carbine - Gunblast.com - YouTube and the reviewer says that it has a 4lbs trigger that is crisp.

9x19

Hunter
If it sells well, the aftermarket will likely step up and offer numerous mag well adapters, even if Ruger doesn't.

Wolf was converting Ruger PCs and Marlin Camp Carbines to accept Glock mags when both were in production. I had PC9 that was converted to Glock mags, but the trigger was still horrendous.

Using 10/22 trigger components on this new PC is the smartest design feature on the entire gun, IMO... the interchangeable mag well adapters is second.

mac66

Single-Sixer
I like the conventional stock and look. I like the ability to use Glock mags, which I have a bunch of. I like the take down feature if nothing else than for the cool factor. Deregulation of suppressors is coming (eventually) so a threaded barrel is cool as well. I like the ability of changing the charging handle to the left side. I'm right handed but a left side handle makes more sense. I like the 10/22 trigger. Not thrilled about the sights but for a pistol caliber carbine they are okay. The built in rail on the front of the stock is a nice touch.

I think the aftermarket will provide a ton of new accessories including pistol grip/ folding stocks and other tactical accessories. I'm sure Magpul will jump in the stock game since they already make a backpacker 10/22 stock and inexpensive Glock mags. I just read that you can buy a RAR pistol mag adapter online at Ruger as well.

I'm guessing that since Ruger is likely to bring out a Security 40 and 45, PCCs in those calibers will be out eventually. It appears that the Security series uses the same mags as the SR series. That's probably a good thing.

Bottom line: Good for Ruger!

22/45 Fan

Hunter
9x19 said:
IUsing 10/22 trigger components on this new PC is the smartest design feature on the entire gun, IMO... the interchangeable mag well adapters is second.
I wonder if it is a true 10/22 trigger group. I also wonder if they retained the awkward two-handed bolt release of the 10/22 and the identical safety design.

If it is a 10/22 trigger group the possibilities are there for improving the trigger pull, modifying or replacing the bolt hold-open with an "automatic" version and substituting a left-handed safety.

Latest posts