Interesting (Rare?) GP-100s

Help Support Ruger Forum:

For the GP-100 guys:

Have two that I'm researching now, requests for letters from Ruger went in this week.

1. GPF-831 (NIB) Interesting that the barrel says .38 Special but the box is marked .38 Spl +P

2. GPF-841 (Used) Bad part, no box or papers. Blemish on the right side of the barrel (bluing gone) - might see if Ruger will reblue for me

Both have the Hogue Black Rubber Monogrip with the Ruger emblem.

Pictures and more info to come when available.

I am also looking for a 3" Blued, full shroud, adjustable sight model (GP-131) to add to my collection, I have a GP-141, GP-151 and GP-161.

Terry T

Buckeye
Ron,
My memory is that the Hogue mono grip began in about 2007.
My GP-100 "collection" is mostly focused on the fixed sight versions.
My understanding is that the .38 spl. (only) versions were made up for security companies who were prohibited by law from using magnums.
I'd suggest that the GPF-831 is over in the 'rare' category. I'm sure it was a special order. (I don't have one :( )
The fixed sight versions are 'off list' in Ca. which makes it much more difficult to continue to collect. :shock:
Terry T

hittman

Staff member
My understanding is the same as Terry's. (Which means I probably heard it from him or others here. :lol: )

Most I've seen came with the "regular" compact grip.

I love the blued and the 3-inch GP's! Keep up the good work Ron. :)

lfpiii

Blackhawk
The last batch for sale that I know of was in 2015 on Davidson. They came with hogue grips. They were an over run for some organization in Central or South America. My dealer had three for sale. Yes they are rare but do come up for sale.

Latest posts