Identify these grips?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

48flyer

Single-Sixer
Picked up this 32 Single Six years ago. It has an unmarked brass frame and grips on it.
The grips are a hard rubber type material and have an eagle on both panels. I'm usually not a fan of the black hard rubber grips, but they really work on this gun.
Anyways..... Does anyone recognize these and know who made them or when?
Thanks
1000009787.jpg
1000009788.jpg

Cholo

Staff member
I can't help you, but I have a pair exactly like that. They fit my '75 Single Six very well. I have no idea where they came from unless they were given to me with a gun purchase. Who knows. I kinda like them, though. They have the hard rubber feel of Colt SAA grips.

There are no markings on them whatsoever.

Timbo23

Plinker and accumulator
They are made by Vintage Gun Grips, INC of Casselberry, Florida. (www,vintagegungrips.com).
I have a set like yours for NM Blackhawks and Single Six revolvers, and another set for Security Six series. I got mine through Midway and needed to buy the grip screw and escutcheons separately.
I believe they take a specimen set of the original grips, make a mould, and then cast a copy using some hard resin formula.
I think they make a fine utilitarian set that will work for your gun until you can find originals.

Latest posts