how to score 9mm ammo at Academy

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Fatdaddy

Single-Sixer
Stopped by Academy in Douglasville a few nights ago, had a nice conversation with a younger fella (probably mid 20's) about reloading, primers, powder, bullet types, calibers, etc. It's good to see the younger generation is picking up the hobby. While we were talking I was looking at the few guns they had and I saw a Security 9 in the case.
This is the first time i had seen one in person so I asked to see it. I was actually impressed by the way it felt in my hand, kind of feels like a single stack. I hope the finish holds up better than the LC9 I had, time will tell.

Oh, yeah. If you buy a gun, evidently you get into the secret stash 9mm club at Academy.
Sadly, it is limit 1....

Mike J

Hunter
I hope you enjoy your new pistol. Glad you got a little ammunition. I have been sitting on what I have for the most part. I have scored some ammunition at Academy since the world went mad but it has been hit or miss.

Fatdaddy

Single-Sixer
I sold all my factory loaded stuff back when prices went to $1/round. Before everybody jumps on me for gouging, I actually sold them to 2 friends of mine for $10/50 because they couldn't find any.
I reload my own so it didn't hurt my feelings too bad...lol.

Mike J

Hunter
Fatdaddy said:
I sold all my factory loaded stuff back when prices went to $1/round. Before everybody jumps on me for gouging, I actually sold them to 2 friends of mine for $10/50 because they couldn't find any.
I reload my own so it didn't hurt my feelings too bad...lol.

That is a lot better price than I have seen for a while. You were not gouging.

langenc

Single-Sixer
About 2 yrs ago I bought some 9mm-2 boxes of 150 each.
I got em home and noticed they are steel case-yuck. I guess that is why they were about
3 bucks/box cheaper than some others in the case.

Ill have to try shooting some one of these days.