How it started.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

M'BOGO

Buckeye
After looking through your photobucket gallery, all I can say is haunting. It is so great that there is a true European trained artisan working in the New World. The Medusa ring is incredible, and loved the Poseidon belt buckle.

Much of the American style, while there is a wealth of domestic talent, is at a different level, emulating the work of Nimschke, Young, Ulrich, and much of the frontier era factory work.

I did meet Joe Rundell at a gun-show early last year, and drooling, literally was induced. He, also is not stuck in the past, and is not one to sit still with his works.

Thank you for taking the time to share your inspiring work with us Mr. Lantuch.

Marc

M'BOGO

Buckeye
As soon as my previous post was submitted, the story of the Red Label for President George H.W. Bush popped into my head.

The first time I read about Steve Sanetti noticing the scratches on the upper tang I had a great, heartwarming laugh! "Today Bagdad- tomorrow Kremlin. Free Lithuania now, George-help us!"

The fact that President Bush ended up with that shotgun too, is the best part of the story...

BlackEagle

Blackhawk
Your work is truly amazing and I really like the stylized Ruger emblem on the Vaquero and the black hawk on the 2 millionth Blackhawk. The colors used on the Ruger emblem and wreath on the 2 millionth are awesome. I guess I am not much suprised to hear that the revolvers I mentioned are not attributed to you since they are definatley not as fine as the ones you've shared here. I thought I noticed a similarity in the unique lines of the scrollwork. I think you were probably the inspiration and enabler for the guns I mentioned, but they definately do not represent the craftsmanship and tradition they borrowed from. Although, I reckon if they lived up to the "Gold Standard" you've set I probably couldn't afford the two that I have.

M. HALL

Bearcat
PAULIUS said:
Matt, thank you very much, it works!

Regarding privacy of photobucket issues.

PAULIS,

You are very welcome. I know a lot of RF Family would love to have access to your beautiful work and history of our beloved 'hobby' here on the forum.

I just thought that you should be able to decide what and when, or even if, you wanted to post photographs of your work.

I once again agree with Tyrone/Contender that we would all love to see or read whatever you could share with us. At your own pace and level of comfort of course.

You may be surprised to find out where some of your work is and that it may possibly be in good hands with some here in our 'family'.

Thank you for sharing what you have. Welcome to the Ruger Forum and most of all please stick around and share with us what you can.

Most sincerely,

Matt

PS: One of your pieces wold make a GREAT Avatar! :wink:

PAULIUS

Bearcat
Gentlemen, if you are expecting a lot of trilling stories, I have to disappointed you.
The Company doing well, direction they choose after Rugers is probably right, take a look at stocks, $20. today in comparison to $6,5. at time they close the Studio. My wife and I both carryng LCPs and love it.
All what I can share with you is my personal experience working at Sturm & Ruger Co..

americal

Hunter
I sure did NOT mean to look at your whole gallery as being a sneak :oops: it just started to roll & I thought it was ok --I was glued to those works of art :)

contender

Ruger Guru
Paulius, Even your personal stories of working in the Ruger Studio, along with any stuff you have on any engraving done by the factory IS definately worth hearing about.
I do hope you will share as much as you feel you can, comfortably. Your work is magnificant. While I'm not able to afford such fine firearms, I do appreciate the artists who can create such works of art.