Holster for Scoped 9.5" SRH???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

StonewallRuger

Single-Sixer
Do any of y'all know of a good holster for the SRH 9.5" with a scope? I am going to exclusively use it this year for deer hunting, and I need something to carry it with.

I'm thinking that a bandolier-style holster would be nice, but I'm open to suggestions on makes/models, etc.

Please include links or pictures or both if you have them.

Thanks.

Cholo

Staff member
I have a double loop cross draw holster from Rusty. It's unlined horsehide and class all the way for my scoped 6" S&W M29 Classic. I like it a lot.

www.c-rusty.com/pages/holsters/field.html

Bandolier style holsters didn't work for me at all. Too much Rube Goldberg junk for me. All they lack is a jock strap. To each his own, but I like simple...

Mine rides in an Uncle Mikes shoulder rig.
Just to be clear this is the only uncle mikes I own---just prefer leather.

I had to buy one longer than needed and had it cut down and sewed shut to look decent. It is very comfortable and I can carry it all day without even knowing it is there.

contender

Ruger Guru
From what I've seen of Barranti leather,, he's the best,,,!
I think Mike is a Forum member here. I know sixshot knows him quite well!

White Falcon

Bearcat
I never found one for my 9 1/2, so I made one

DSCN19011333.jpg

DSCN19021334.jpg

DSCN19691387.jpg

DSCN18991331.jpg

StonewallRuger

Single-Sixer
I like those, but I'd really like one that would protect my scope, as well. I hunt in some fairly rugged land in Northeastern Arkansas, and I have the Bushnell Elite Series 2-6x32 on there, which wasn't inexpensive. I guess the Uncle Mike's would be the best option, but I do prefer leather...

Sheriff

Single-Sixer
Pistolpackaging makes a leather one that covers your scope. The holster is made from measurements of your pistol with the scope attached.

www.pistolpackaging.com

StonewallRuger

Single-Sixer
I found one that's better than the Uncle Mike's and more resilient than leather.

Here it is:

http://www.opticsplanet.net/bianchi-4101-ranger-hush-system-scoped-black-right-hand-14258.html

I bought the optional flap to cover the entire weapon, as well.

Thanks guys.

I'll let y'all know how it works.

jbmabrey

Bearcat
Check this site out for SRH holster. I have the model pictured last on home page with a flap. I use this for my SRH 9 1/2" barrel and my tc encore with ml barrel and 357 max barrel
this was custom made after several emails and a phone call. good rugged material with a soft lining and body strap that holds it close to your side-
not a massed produced holster and it protects the scope with a flap. I haven't used my uncle mikes in 2 years
http://qh-holsters.com/

good luck