Help Please, Just bought a SR9 and it won't fire,

Help Support Ruger Forum:

c.a.f.

Bearcat
I'm a little peeved. Just purchased a SR9 yesterday and cleaned it first, loaded the mags and took it out side,

Fired one round, then nothing, removed the mag, ejected the new round, put mag in, loaded round, fired, then nothing,

recleaned, removed the striker assembly and cleaned, re assembled, now nothing.

Has anyone experienced this problem. Not impressed with Ruger so far. I have a sig and it has never failed.

Would appreciate your input

kscott

Single-Sixer
hmmm...Never heard of this problem. You think you could post pics of the striker and also the mag disconnect? That may help us. It's kind of hard to diagnose it right no because it could be a lot of things.

Can you feel the trigger "click" when it releases the striker? Is your striker tab still attached? Their have been a couple of old reports of those breaking off. Just a few thoughts...

jhearne

Buckeye
Sorry to hear you are having issues. It could be from a lot of things and it sounds as though it's not resetting the trigger. Maybe it was dry fired without a mag, maybe it wasn't reassembled properly. Right now there's not enough to say.

It's best to provide some pics of the gun, atleast the Striker and the Fire Control Housing (inside the grip frame). We might need more, but you may need to send it back to Ruger ultimately. Hopefully you won't need to.

Josh

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
...our the original owner hacked the the striker spring.

I bought a pistol some years ago that didn't function at all for $175, the previous owner had changed out all the springs. I put back all the stock ones and it is just fine, as a matter of fact it's a great shooting pistol.

This is it right here.

bf6cc573.jpg

c.a.f.

Bearcat
I purchased it new, Only took the slide off to clean it. The same way I take my sig apart. I'll call ruger in the morning.

I appreciate all your responses. I didn't want to void any warranty.

Have you had any problems with Ruger service?

Thanks again

jhearne

Buckeye
Not much you can do to void the warranty with Ruger except physically abuse it or install aftermarket parts...even then they'll just replace the parts at your cost rather theirs.

They'll make it right, but just expect a longer than what is usual wait time, probably 3-4 weeks. Please report back when you get the SR9 from Ruger and let us know what they did...there should be a repair ticket included in the shipping info. Also ask Ruger for a prepaid label and they'll cover the cost to ship it.

Josh

photofree

Bearcat
Unless you bought it at Suckacademy, I'd take it back to the store and starting out nice, demand another one. Nobody should have to keep a defective product. If the store won't make it right be sure to post their name location, and nothing buit the truth about how you were treated.
Looked at a Suckacademy gun once, the sales idiot says "those guns are great, we never get any of them back. I replied, I can believe that since there is a sign behind you that says ALL GUN SALES FINAL. NO RETURNS. and you require buyers to sign a full page statement saying you can't return it.

jhearne

Buckeye
photofree said:
Unless you bought it at Suckacademy, I'd take it back to the store and starting out nice, demand another one. Nobody should have to keep a defective product. If the store won't make it right be sure to post their name location, and nothing buit the truth about how you were treated.
Looked at a Suckacademy gun once, the sales idiot says "those guns are great, we never get any of them back. I replied, I can believe that since there is a sign behind you that says ALL GUN SALES FINAL. NO RETURNS. and you require buyers to sign a full page statement saying you can't return it.

Good point, I bought a MKIII 22/45 from Carter Country down near your parts (photofree). It failed on me the first time out, and even had an honest accidental discharge. Turns out a bushing for a pin had broke (plastic) and was effecting the other internals. Called Carter Country the same day (Saturday) and said I could bring it back to have it repaired or exchanged and they would repair it on their own time.

Academy has their own rules on firearms, stupid as they are, it's not illegal to make them. I'd rather contact the manufacturer for repairs though...if the selling company has the ability to exchange, you could do that.

Josh

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
photofree said:
Shot placement is everything . . . Cabela's Sucks

Wow, you dont like Academy or Cabelas :roll:
Pawn shop shopper are ya ? :shock:

fixer

Bearcat
I had the same problem in my SR9. Ruger replaced the striker assembly and it works fine through about 300 rounds.

Latest posts